Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:29 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Twin Peaks
DAMN IT!!!!

I JUST bought the first season on dvd TWO WEEKS AGO!!!!

and now look...

CLICKY

...and I mean - I only bought the first season b/c I was tired of watching the shitty torrent I downloaded last August/July -> then I went onto half.com and saw a copy for sale for only $10 more than its original price (previously, I had only seen it offered for $50-$80 over... and it was originally sold for $70)

of course... the "Definitive Gold Box Edition" has stuff I've never seen, like the (apparently lame) International 'pilot' episode with the tacked on ending and deleted scenes.... which I just know aren't going to be anything of substance (probably just the scenes mentioned as a bonus feature in the season 1 dvd set)

and it has the SNL Twin Peaks sketches as well...

what sucks is...

I'll probably end up buying it

(despite the fact that I've seen every episode multiple times... yes, even the normal pilot episode)
Old 08-29-2007, 09:26 AM
b.miller
Gentleman Loafer

Send a message via ICQ to b.miller Send a message via AIM to b.miller Send a message via MSN to b.miller Send a message via Yahoo to b.miller
Re: Twin Peaks
I hear ya. what made it worse (for me) was that when the season two box set came out (like what, 6 months ago??) the general consensus was that the rights to the pilot episode were so wrapped up in red tape that it was unlikely to see it on region 1 dvd ever. sigh.... At least the original Season One set has that cool extras disc which will probably be changed to a more straight-forward and boring disc in this gold box. I'll probably end up buying it too though and I have both Season One and Two sets (and a dvd-r of the pilot). i'm a sucker.

As for the International pilot, they used to rent that as a Twin Peaks movie on VHS so I saw it. The ending is VERY tacked on and manages to tie up the entire story in like 5 minutes. It is pretty interesting to see (once) to see what ideas they had right from the beginning and how much they kept over all that time... but also funny that it could've been so easily wrapped up.

I'll probably end up buying the new set to see what Lynch has to say. His absense in the first two box sets is noticeable.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:31 AM
adam
blue

Sorry, but this is great for me. I foolishly waited when season 1 came out because I wanted to get them both at the same time. When season 2 finally was released, I was told the first one was discontinued! Boo!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:14 PM
third.toughest
Was Bruce Lee-now...

Quote:
Sorry, but this is great for me. I foolishly waited when season 1 came out because I wanted to get them both at the same time. When season 2 finally was released, I was told the first one was discontinued! Boo!
Ditto for me. I pre-ordered this Gold Edition almost two weeks ago. I am wetting myself with antissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss s-ipation! I never bought the first season because I didn't want just half of it on DVD and a friend told me that was all they were going to release due to poor sales or something. I am so happy!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:48 PM
grady
fac321

I received season 1 many years ago as Christmas gift in 2001. When season 2 was announced I was excited, but as the release drew closer it fell off the radar screen for me.

Then the producer who is in charge of Ridley Scott's Blade Runner set mentioned that he was also working on the complete dvd set for Twin Peaks. There was no tenative release date, but the xvid's of Season 2 that I have along with a VCD of the international pilot are more than suffice at the moment until this uber set was released. I just didn't expect it so soon.

I'm eager to hear what Lynch will have to say on the supplements for this new set.