Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2020, 09:12 AM
spacejunk
vision, come on...

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
On Monday 15th June (18.00 BST), this will be updated to add RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience (Live in Amsterdam.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:22 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacejunk View Post
On Monday 15th June (18.00 BST), this will be updated to add RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience (Live in Amsterdam.
Ah - I missed that. Thanks
Old 06-12-2020, 01:34 PM
StrangeLastName
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacejunk View Post
I missed this too, but when I opened my download from 20 minutes ago, it included an UPDATE folder containing 7 of the 9 RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience tracks.
Old 06-13-2020, 03:42 PM
darmok
dust between the wires

Very nice news. There are still a couple of pieces missing in lossless with this format like the original 47 minute version of Appleshine Continuum. Wonder if those will ever show up or are those now "early" versions that don't count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeLastName View Post
I missed this too, but when I opened my download from 20 minutes ago, it included an UPDATE folder containing 7 of the 9 RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience tracks.

I assume this is going to get fixed on Monday and we're just looking at an early and incomplete version of the upload?

I'm a sucker so I just bought the Bandcamp version anyway. Hoping this is the first of many Bandcamp releases and that Riverrun shows up at some point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by negative1 View Post
why not just reissue the boxset?

who was complaining about the size.

it was the availibility.

that said, the price drop makes it great for those on the fence,
or with less funds.

If I had to guess I'd say that the old box set was harder to manufacture hence the availability problems and higher price. Probably had a higher minimum order quantity to get the sets made than the new format.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:08 PM
darmok
dust between the wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmok View Post
Very nice news. There are still a couple of pieces missing in lossless with this format like the original 47 minute version of Appleshine Continuum. Wonder if those will ever show up or are those now "early" versions that don't count?

Oh gosh, I just realized I already do have that in lossless on the Blu-Ray disc that I never ripped. Looks like the audio is good old LPCM.
Old 06-14-2020, 03:51 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Oh gosh, I just realized I already do have that in lossless on the Blu-Ray disc that I never ripped. Looks like the audio is good old LPCM.
Yea, been hoping someone would rip all the audio from the Blu-ray disc in lossless as I'm unable to.
Old 06-15-2020, 01:41 AM
lemonjelly
mouseman

Re: RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete
What do we do if we can't find our download code? I've just had a look for mine, and can't see it in the box. I'll have to go through the book page by page to see if I can find it.
Bit unusual for me tbh. I usually keep all sorts, including receipts, stickers from the front and everything. can't believe I haven't kept it!
Old 06-15-2020, 03:18 AM
orangepants
river

Re: RicksDubbedOutDriftExperience and DRIFT Series 1 Complete
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonjelly View Post
What do we do if we can't find our download code? I've just had a look for mine, and can't see it in the box. I'll have to go through the book page by page to see if I can find it.
Bit unusual for me tbh. I usually keep all sorts, including receipts, stickers from the front and everything. can't believe I haven't kept it!
I'm assuming you haven't already redeemed the code and downloaded the extras already? If so, then you go to the Sound of Vinyl website here: https://redeem.thesoundofvinyl.com/ and log in with your credentials you supplied last time (you don't need to give them your download code again) and the updated .zip file will be there for you to download. I tried on Saturday but there were only 7 of the 9 Amsterdam tracks in the archive, so will have another go later today.

If you haven't used the code previously, then it's on the bottom of a card with the poem on that was loose inside the box / cellophane.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:21 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
All of those early versions are available to buy in the individual episodes on digital retailers. If you want lossless, then look at retailers like Qobuz, 7Digital, Beatport, TIDAL, ProStudioMasters, HDTracks, and Acoustic Sounds. Most of them have 24-bit options too.