ultradave
the doorway boy...

Re: Lovely Broken Thing : A message from Rick and Karl
Karl... Rick... Cheers... Excellent...
Old 11-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Bargo
pants

Love the tracks, love the art. Thank you Underworld. Looking forward to the next one.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:11 AM
suicidalpenguin
Dubnobassinmyshed

HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!

After paying for new file,
Watching it download

I CAN'T OPEN IT

Winzip says file is not valid + must download again but when i do this it gives same message
I have Firefox so can't be IE bug - Suggestions ANYONE PLEASE???
Old 11-16-2005, 05:40 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidalpenguin
HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!

After paying for new file,
Watching it download

I CAN'T OPEN IT

Winzip says file is not valid + must download again but when i do this it gives same message
I have Firefox so can't be IE bug - Suggestions ANYONE PLEASE???
did you unzip the file? (had to check)
Old 11-16-2005, 05:52 AM
suicidalpenguin
Dubnobassinmyshed

Bugger, knew doin somethin wrong

No, seriously though this is not good!!!

downloads fine (or so i think)
get it onto my desktop fine
open with winzip (not fine!!!)
Tells me the zip file is not valid - is a bad file, or split file and need to download again but when i download the same thing happens

other downloads, including credits and cover picture work fine, but not the audio file itself

Its so close i can almost smell it - NOOOOOOO
Old 11-16-2005, 06:40 AM
stimpee
Administrator

empty your cache, or use another browser (like opera 8.5). its probably not downloading it again. it might be "downloading" the one in the cache.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:42 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Review:

Underworld released first new material in 2 years

Underworld released their first new material in 2 years, but for the first time they are releasing download only 'packages' available globally and exclusively from their website www.underworldlive.com.

• Anyone looking for a definition of the meaning of psychedelia in the twentyfirst century should reach for their ipod now. We are pleased to announce a new way of listening to music from dance music’s most innovative, cerebral and experimental group – Underworld. They’re about to raise the bar a notch with regard to their own output.

• These will be a series of listening experiences which are neither singles nor albums, but an entirely new way to hear their music. Featuring a series of interwoven pieces. It’s an opportunity for the band to venture into whichever direction they like, and release their latest music directly to you, whenever and wherever you want it.

“The idea is to give us the chance to stretch out into areas we have only been able to touch on with traditional album releases, and give you the listener an underworld experience over the time it takes to listen to one side of an old vinyl album. Another aim of changing things to this more immediate format is to give us the chance to respond to what's happening musically out there in the world and put an underworld spin on things more than once every three years. None of this spells the end of traditional albums, remixes, tours, gigs it's just a way of getting music to you without the help of a multinational everytime we feel inspired. Expect to see underworld in the charts, on the radio, in the press and in your town again but in the meantime fill you're boots at www.underworldlive.com
- Rick & Karl (2nd November 2005)

So here’s the deal. Taking time out from the corporate waltz which forces bands into a Groundhog Day style loop of recording and touring, Underworld plan to swerve standard procedure. From November 9th 2005 Underworld will issue a series of download-only listening experiences that will be an entirely new way to hear their music. Starting with ”a lovely broken thing” which morphs into a hypnotic bleep odyssey during which we get barely audible snippets of conversation (“When I was in New York she said”/”Get your legs waxed!”) technicolour flashes of glam techno and blitzkrieg sub-bass, all laced with sub-aquatic shuffles, the sound of heavy rainfall and one soporific passage which sounds like a lullaby by Kraftwerk. The overall effect feels more like a dazzling, disorientating moodscape to match the disconnected ambience of ‘Lost In Translation’. Think of it as putting the synth into absinthe. By the end, the stormclouds finally break and suddenly we‘re in the elevator to heaven, Karl beatifically crooning: “You smell good/ Touching skin to skin/Familiar/This is me/Where are we?” Even better, there’s already second instalment recorded.

And this can be all yours for just a fiver. Really, what are you waiting for?

The band are busier than ever. A quick rummage through Karl and Rick’s diaries reveals all manner of surreal adventures, from Karl’s recent graphic novel to an on-going collaboration with a certain sonic futurist, to a soon come film score to Oscar-winning director Anthony Minghella’s next flick Breaking And Entering.

Underworld will see you in the speakers.

Source
Old 11-16-2005, 06:42 AM
GoatSucker
GoatSuckerLive.com

suicidalpenguin - Sounds like a genuine corrupted download. I had the same problem a while ago when I got a new machine. Anything over 2Mb would get corrupted, so web browsing was fine, but downloading large files always corrupted them.

Ended up getting a seperate network card and everything was peachy, as it seems some on-board network connectors just don't work reliably.

I'd try downloading on someone else's machine, to see if that fixes the problem.

Last edited by GoatSucker; 11-16-2005 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:24 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Review:

'WORLD PARTY
Download ace Underworld digital single NOW
09 Nov 2005

Dance boffins Underworld are giving you a wee snack before the feast of their new album and tour with a digital release that'll set you back a mere fiver.

'Lovely Broken Thing', which is a great name in our book, is live as of 16.00 this evening, and you can get your hands on their first material in two years by visiting this here website.

It's dead good too, and veers between lush ambient bits with rain sounds that make one need a wee, weird vocals about walking on water, and some damn fine sheets of perforated industrial noise.

'Lovely Broken Things' will apparently be just the first in a series of special digital releases from Underworld, who issued a statement saying that: "The idea is to give us the chance to stretch out into areas we have only been able to touch on with traditional album releases, and give you the listener an underworld experience over the time it takes to listen to one side of an old vinyl album."

We're having a sneaky listen now, and it's damn good

Source
Old 11-17-2005, 05:54 AM
Bongo
river

broken frustrated thing.
took me ages to work out the registration didn't like email addresses with hyphens.
absolutely no combination of CC details would allow me to buy LBT.