Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:27 AM
unwound floors
power before passion.

Re: 2010-06-14 We Love Sounds - Adelaide, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikdaviking View Post
Previous to UW's set was Laidback Luke, in which we had to endure 1-2 hours with earplugs in. All the "younger punters" gradually left and we Underworld aficionados propelled ourselves to the front, I must say I couldn't see many under 25's left as UW hit the stage....earplugs pulled straight out and straight to business. The energy difference created in comparison to Laidback Luke was phenomenal.
Same in Melbourne, but with the Crookers, who kept playing fucking awful electro tunes. Me and the best friend were right up the front and he got so sick of it he whipped out his iPhone, put his earbuds in and started listening to Underworld at Brixton Academy.

Glad to hear you had a good time! How good was the new stuff? Did Karl wear that stripey shirt again? xD
Old 06-18-2010, 06:22 PM
erikdaviking
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwound floors View Post
Same in Melbourne, but with the Crookers, who kept playing fucking awful electro tunes. Me and the best friend were right up the front and he got so sick of it he whipped out his iPhone, put his earbuds in and started listening to Underworld at Brixton Academy.

Glad to hear you had a good time! How good was the new stuff? Did Karl wear that stripey shirt again? xD
Good idea, I was armed with my iPhone but I didn't bring my headphones! We just made sniggering remarks to each other about the wildlife to make the time pass. I'm open to all types of music, but some music can be soooo brainless. Laidback did drop in some horrendous remixes of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Basement Jaxx, oh the sacrilege!

Loved the new stuff, I can't wait for the new album. Getting the source vids of the Youtube stuff from my friend to cut up and I'll relive the night again.

He did wear his stripey shirt again...must be his fave It was a typical...Karl shirt
Old 06-19-2010, 12:18 AM
unwound floors
power before passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikdaviking View Post
Good idea, I was armed with my iPhone but I didn't bring my headphones! We just made sniggering remarks to each other about the wildlife to make the time pass. I'm open to all types of music, but some music can be soooo brainless. Laidback did drop in some horrendous remixes of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Basement Jaxx, oh the sacrilege!

Loved the new stuff, I can't wait for the new album. Getting the source vids of the Youtube stuff from my friend to cut up and I'll relive the night again.

He did wear his stripey shirt again...must be his fave It was a typical...Karl shirt
Ugh, don't even get me started on the crowd. Obnoxious, fake-tanned muzzers everywhere, obviously there to drop pills and not for the music at all. Man, I even heard the Crookers fuck up their beatmatching at points, and when they dropped Milkshake by Kelis, I raged. Even up the front half of them had no idea who the hell Underworld were. Idiots.