Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2012, 05:23 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
36 tracks for €9,99. Thats not bad. I know they arent that long but this seems to be worth a pop.

£10 on CD free delivery from HMV UK http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...adba9b710a3b13
Old 07-27-2012, 05:30 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Isles of Wonder - Music for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games
Please use the links below to buy, and Born Dirty will get a small referral commission, which goes to help run the site and forums.

Isles of Wonder: Music For the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games, is available for purchase NOW on iTunes, with a physical double-CD release coming next week.

Digital download: iTunes UK, iTunes US
CD pre-order: Amazon UK, Amazon US

There was plenty of Underworld music to be heard during the ceremonies. Two new brand new Underworld pieces were composed: ”And I Will Kiss” and “Caliban’s Dream” totaling over 24 minutes!

Additionally, there were a lot of new remixes of classic Underworld songs by High Contrast and Darren Price featured during the Parade of Athletes. The full tracklisting of Underworld songs on the album is:
  • And I Will Kiss – 17:15
  • Caliban’s Dream – 7:15
  • Always Loved a Film (Instrumental) – 3:04
  • Dark and Long (Dark Train) – 3:46
  • Minneapolis (High Contrast Remix) – 6:12
  • Confusion the Waitress (Darren Price and High Contrast Remix) – 1:22
  • Moon in Water (Instrumental) – 2:42
  • Crocodile (High Contrast Remix) – 2:39
  • Dirty Epic (Darren Price and High Contrast Remix) – 2:56
  • Dark and Long (Darren Price & High Contrast Remix) – 3:27
  • Rez (High Contrast Remix) – 6:23
Old 07-27-2012, 05:50 PM
JonYo
Are We Not Men?

Annnnnnd blammo, pre-ordered the 2CD set from amazon US. I'm on the west coast in California, so our broadcast of the opening ceremonies doesn't start for another 2 hours or so.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:59 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Please use the links below to buy, and Born Dirty will get a small referral commission, which goes to help run the site and forums.

Isles of Wonder: Music For the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games, is available for purchase NOW on iTunes, with a physical double-CD release coming next week.

Digital download: iTunes UK, iTunes US
CD pre-order: Amazon UK, Amazon US

There was plenty of Underworld music to be heard during the ceremonies. Two new brand new Underworld pieces were composed: ”And I Will Kiss” and “Caliban’s Dream” totaling over 24 minutes!

Additionally, there were a lot of new remixes of classic Underworld songs by High Contrast and Darren Price featured during the Parade of Athletes. The full tracklisting of Underworld songs on the album is:
  • And I Will Kiss – 17:15
  • Caliban’s Dream – 7:15
  • Always Loved a Film (Instrumental) – 3:04
  • Dark and Long (Dark Train) – 3:46
  • Minneapolis (High Contrast Remix) – 6:12
  • Confusion the Waitress (Darren Price and High Contrast Remix) – 1:22
  • Moon in Water (Instrumental) – 2:42
  • Crocodile (High Contrast Remix) – 2:39
  • Dirty Epic (Darren Price and High Contrast Remix) – 2:56
  • Dark and Long (Darren Price & High Contrast Remix) – 3:27
  • Rez (High Contrast Remix) – 6:23

Pre-ordered the 2x US CD set using the link provided.

I can haz PM with digital link now?? Anyone??
Old 07-27-2012, 06:01 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony View Post
matt laur and meredith vieira won't stop fucking talking over the top of it.

I know.....Shut the FUCK UP!!!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:28 PM
ThingInABook
vision

just purchased it from itunes... which was weird, because it had a different release date as a preorder item, but now it was released and i'm thrilled to hear both new tracks and the new remixes... also, fuck buttons (thank you thank you thank you underworld)

to everyone included in team underworld, you have won a gold medal in every event in my heart. thanks so much!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:52 PM
cacophony
disquietude

just caught a remixed rez over the entrance of botswana. oh god i need to download this tonight. i need that version.

i don't know about anyone else but even though this is all about the olympics, i feel like i'm seeing my favorite musical artists being honored by the world. after nearly 20 years of fanhood it's amazing to hear them in such a huge setting.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:28 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

I am getting old and retarded....I'm hearing tracks I should know the name of and going...."ooh, that's, um, uh....an Underworld song that I know really well but can't name right now".

Rez and ALAF are no brainers but I am getting rusty overall.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:08 PM
ndrwrld
blue

i was at a bar where i almost got into a fight...
20 guys wanting to watch ( and hear ) the end of the first round of some useless golf tourney... and me, and a few other ball less twits who wanted to watch ( and hear ) the Olympics.
the bartenders and waitresses were worried.
i offered them $40.
i already spent twice the amount with my friend.
they switched it.
sadly i missed most of it.
what i saw, was fucking surreal.
( molten ore building rings, then 5 forming Olympic thingy in the air all sparkley).
wow.
buying the audio immediately.
also, formulating my new UW shirt for their new tour.
rings.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:14 PM
stauff
thin paper wings

Send a message via ICQ to stauff
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mongoose View Post
I am getting old and retarded....I'm hearing tracks I should know the name of and going...."ooh, that's, um, uh....an Underworld song that I know really well but can't name right now".
Oh, thank god it's not just me.