Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2009, 02:54 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Michael Jackson was a child-molester - non-mourning thread...
...just so as not to offend anybody who sees music as more important...
Old 07-01-2009, 04:21 AM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
Re: Michael Jackson was a child-molester - non-mourning thread...
I'd doff my hair-sprayed cowlick your direction Nutters.

But I've just shaved my head.

For the record - I did go see MJ play in Auckland in 1996/97? - got freebie tix through a mate who was working for a brewery. Odd seats - odd concert.

I remember thinking he looked better on MTV than live - the sound mix was pretty rubbish as well.

- S. Colbert
Old 07-01-2009, 04:27 AM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
Also - are we allowed to appreciate the glory that was the Jackson 5 on this thread.

- one of the finer moments from Clerks 2.

- S. Colbert
Old 07-01-2009, 04:27 AM
Flywaver
vision

This was the best Live moment................ Jarvis Cocker!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:57 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Great idea, a thread about how you don't care. Please tell me your favorite musicians so I can do the same when they die. Did you know that Isaac Brock was a rapist?

Look, if you wanna talk about the child molestation accusations go ahead - guilty till proven innocent amiright???
Old 07-01-2009, 07:23 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
Great idea, a thread about how you don't care.
it was set up so you wouldn't be offended and clearly signposted.

Quote:
Please tell me your favorite musicians so I can do the same when they die.
please grow up and stop taking this so personally

i guess the only musician who's death hit me in any was that of kurt kobain. by no means a saint; but he didn't molest boys. do your worst...

Quote:
Did you know that Isaac Brock was a rapist?
i'll remember that should i find out who he is.

Quote:
Look, if you wanna talk about the child molestation accusations go ahead - guilty till proven innocent amiright???
$22m paid for dropping the accusation is rather odd if you've done nothing wrong, after all...
Old 07-01-2009, 08:18 AM
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
it was set up so you wouldn't be offended and clearly signposted.

please grow up and stop taking this so personally

i guess the only musician who's death hit me in any was that of kurt kobain. by no means a saint; but he didn't molest boys. do your worst...

i'll remember that should i find out who he is.

$22m paid for dropping the accusation is rather odd if you've done nothing wrong, after all...
Not taking it personally. Just don't like being called a hypocrite, that's all. To hear someone say, essentially, "I'm glad he's dead" about a musician you like is offensive. Sorry.

If you think it's odd to pay to settle things when you haven't done anything wrong - I assure you, sometimes that is just the easiest way to do things. It is not an admission of guilt. It is simply the way the real world works. Twice in my life I have been in similar situations - one involving shoplifting, one involving a case of "computer hacking".
In the first case, I didn't commit the crime. Simple as that. In the second, I did perhaps do something wrong, but it was not exactly a crime, and the DA did not really understand what it was, and it probably wouldn't hold up in court. Both times there was someone who wanted justice, and both times I decided to 'settle', since it was simply easier for me. The settlements took less time overall than it took to fight the charges. Simple as that. I understand why someone who is 1000000 times more famous and faced with a crime 100000 times as bad would settle. Let's look at what the trial was doing to MJ - it destroyed his public persona, lost him some fans, took him away from music, constantly got him slandered in the media, and he suddenly found everyone who knew him selling him out, including his own sister. As for whether or not he did it - let's not forget that A) the media was so desperate to nail the guy, they paid a half million to seemingly anyone who knew him if they were willing to make up a story suggesting he did it, B) every other child friend he had defended him, C) the father made it fairly clear that he was only after money in the start, and D) even at the time, most people believed he was innocent. The media and the public wanted him to be guilty because he was a freak that did weird things and because it gave them someone to make fun of and villify.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Deckard
issue 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
Not necessarily.

Find myself more in agreement with 349...(etc) than with you when it comes to this one.

Of course the media have been overdoing the coverage, and I can understand how that leads to cynicism. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad to hear about his death.

And yes, I'm gatecrashing your thread!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:37 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Do you think Paul McCartney feels like a total bitch now, after all his trash talk when MJ bought all The Beatles songs, and it appears MJ's will is GIVING them all back to him?

Man, I love a good cat fight. Esp. when it's amoung men. F-ing classic. It's like soap opera!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:04 AM
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jOHN rODRIGUEZ View Post
Do you think Paul McCartney feels like a total bitch now, after all his trash talk when MJ bought all The Beatles songs, and it appears MJ's will is GIVING them all back to him?

Man, I love a good cat fight. Esp. when it's amoung men. F-ing classic. It's like soap opera!
Haha, good point. I do think McCartney had the right to be pissed through. Either way a pretty damn shrewd move by Jackson.