Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:49 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Possible Riverrun Boxset?
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
random: whats the cleanest version of Bamboo that we have? is it the one from the 2008 radio show? I kinda remember there being one that was all choppy at the end, and then a release to clear that up?
The 2007-11-13 Oblivion Ball Radio Special has the cleanest and longest studio version of Bamboo.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:30 PM
bestmatti
river

I hope to god there's a box set for riverrun . Even a double cd, " I'm a big sister" is probably my favourite piece of music by underworld or anyone else. How on earth could that not have a physical release?
Old 04-14-2021, 11:41 PM
lament
sniffin the wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmatti View Post
I hope to god there's a box set for riverrun . Even a double cd, " I'm a big sister" is probably my favourite piece of music by underworld or anyone else. How on earth could that not have a physical release?
It did on a couple of promo CDs.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:45 AM
bestmatti
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by lament View Post
It did on a couple of promo CDs.
I've got the riverrun promo but doesn't play on any cd player. It plays pizza for eggs and lovely broken thing. Even if it did it's only mp3 quality. That's not good enough for me.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:19 PM
lament
sniffin the wind

Quote:
I've got the riverrun promo but doesn't play on any cd player. It plays pizza for eggs and lovely broken thing. Even if it did it's only mp3 quality. That's not good enough for me.
CD sources seem to be this one (I'm a Big Sister), this one (Pizza for Eggs) and this one (Lovely Broken Thing).
Old 05-06-2021, 01:48 PM
Bestbass42
river

Quote:
Hello mate, I'm new to this site but been an Underworld fan since the early 90s without really delving majorly into every single release. However after upgrading my Underworld CDs to the Super Deluxe issues & discovering some great, new 'old' tracks I'd never heard before I have been trawling the net to add more recordings to my collection. Yesterday I heard the track 'Peach Tree' from the Riverrun series for the first time. I Absolutely love the track, even more so the new version with the guitar running through it thats on youtube (from an 2007 Underworld v Misterons Radio show). Obviously I couldn't find either version of the track anywhere other than on a rather expensive Japanese only CD single. I Agree it is strange that such a large body of work which seems to be highly regarded by fans is not readily available to buy especially at a time when many people are sitting at home looking on the net for something to spend their money on. I'd of thought Underworld would have their own download site for their extensive body of work, much of which has never been released.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:54 AM
darkvoice
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
random: whats the cleanest version of Bamboo that we have? is it the one from the 2008 radio show? I kinda remember there being one that was all choppy at the end, and then a release to clear that up?
The dj broadcast version I uploaded on YouTube is the best studio version. Live I love the Birmingham Academy 9.10.2007 version available on liveherenow.

Old 05-11-2021, 05:35 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

ah thanks. yeah both LiveHereNow versions i love.
Old 01-09-2024, 05:17 PM
aphasein
ping!

Send a message via AIM to aphasein
Stirring this thread up again - I know we all would love a big Riverun boxset and Karl has acknowledged the need, but maybe it just needs to be simplified. Looking at the compact repackaging of Drift Series 1, I think a similar set would be easier to pull off for Riverrun (and don't think we're still getting AHDO and OwB sets at this point).

Specifically: just use what's already originally done for it, no extra tracks, no remastering, just all the items that came out for it in full CD quality and full 320 Mp3 digital. That wouldn't take extra time/money processing and it isn't really needed. Would just be the much smaller effort of assembling it all (and they self-released, so there's no rights/label concerns).
  • Paper CD wallets in compact box using the original 2-panel foldable PDF covers for each release.
  • Similar 50-page compact book of all the included B&W photos (in compact grids as there's 500+ to work with and images are probably low-res).
  • 2-pages at end of book for track list and credits, maybe 2 at start for someone to write an overview for it (minimal new things to actually create).

CD1. Lovely Broken Thing + its 5 main remixes
CD2. Pizza For Eggs + its 5 main remixes
CD3. I'm A Big Sister + 20 min Ancient Phat Farm Coat
CD4. Misterons Mix + remaining remixes

Main task is giving it a small box cover design for the series, then get it out into the world...

...after the new album cycle of course, but mentioning it now while there's a lull, knowing it would take time to ramp up. It could be given to someone else to assemble and be ready to go this time next year. We can always dream...
Old 01-10-2024, 11:57 AM
Dino3D
pants

Yess, I want it!