Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2010, 08:48 AM
cacophony
disquietude

fanhood, new albums and relationships
is anyone else driving their spouse/significant other crazy with their new-album fervor?

my husband is a tolerant dirty-spouse, he likes UW as much as any other band and he never minds when i get fixated on a track or album or performance and play it over and over and over every time we get into the car.

last night he told me i should just enjoy the new album instead of picking it apart and going over every detail of every track. i told him, "you know this is how it is every time a new album comes out." he smiled and said, "i know." we met when AHDO was only a couple weeks old, so he's been through it before.

we were in the car with our toddlers yesterday and during a vocal break one of our boys piped up and asked, "what this?" referring to the speaking. i told him, "that's music, buddy. that's juanita." my spouse then added, "i hear she has no kite." it took me a moment to realize he'd just made a tidy little STITI reference, and i realized how nice it is to have a partner who gets my obsession.

just thought i'd share, since many of us are doing the new-album-obsessive-fanhood thing and i'm sure i'm not the only one with a non-fan significant other who has to put up with this BS every few years.