Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:00 PM
iamneorev
pants

New Chemical Brothers coming soon...
FREE YOURSELF OUT FRIDAY, SEPT. 28TH

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoJRS7HF...=1j31ziajdccb2

Last edited by iamneorev; 09-25-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:40 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: New Chemical Brothers coming soon...
Yep, it's fifteen seconds of a track they've been playing live for a long while.

It merges into other new track EBW12 ! I'm mad as hell...

Bring it on , along with new Orbital. As I've said, at least the Chems, Orbital, Hybrid and UW are trying something new. The latest Prodigy is bunk repetition of the last 20 years. Sorry, but it's true. 1997, Firestarter was exciting. Now, it's just rereretreads

Last edited by holden; 08-11-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:40 PM
holden
collateral damage

I apologise that my previous post is overly critical of a Prodigy album I haven't heard and overly embraces the albums of contemporaries that I also haven't heard in full. We shouldn't judge LPs based on singles, not should we judge new music solely on how it ranks in an artist's discography.

That said, I'm pleased when artists surprise in their latter period works, but a bit bummed when they play it safe.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:51 PM
iamneorev
pants

Free Yourself is Shazamble...
https://forum.thechembase.com/index....tach=527;image
Old 09-19-2018, 06:17 PM
iamneorev
pants

Translation:
"We play a lot of unreleased songs at the moment and even if I'm anxious to reveal them as well, it allows us to test them, even if they are then edited in the studio. But we have finally finished our new album, it should even be mixed when we land at Bercy. He is rather wild, brutal, radical but relaxed ..."

https://mobile.lesinrocks.com/2018/0...ena-111126227/
Old 09-25-2018, 08:10 AM
iamneorev
pants

Free Yourself single will be released on Friday!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoJRS7HF...=1j31ziajdccb2
Old 10-02-2018, 03:16 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Okay... so what happened to "Mad As Hell" ?

'Free Yourself' does have some of the same sounds as 'Mad as Hell' - but honestly... it doesn't sound as cool as the live snippets of "Mad as Hell" that I've seen on youtube ('Mad as Hell' is eventually going to be released, right?)

...and speaking of live snippets... are there any (good) recordings of their recent tour? The only recent-ish show I have of theirs is from Glastonbury 2015.

Last edited by joethelion; 10-02-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:31 PM
holden
collateral damage

I agree. "Free Yourself" is fine, but a little basic, a little cheesy...kind of like non-album singles "c.h.e.m.i.c.a.l." or "midnight madness". They're fun for the dance floor, but nothing special or progressive in terms of what the Chems are capable of. If this new track makes the album, I hope it's extended and fleshed out, or at least continuously mixed into something more interesting.

"Mad as Hell" was supposed to be Electronic Battle Weapon 12, but nothing officially released, just 15 second snippets and YouTube vids of the live version (awesome, by the way!). Lots of speculation on The Chembase forums. I much prefer this track, too.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:57 AM
WhiteNoise
I?m good, I?m alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
...and speaking of live snippets... are there any (good) recordings of their recent tour? The only recent-ish show I have of theirs is from Glastonbury 2015.
Their show in Lisbon was live streamed and it sounds great. No encore, but the full festival set. I can't seem to find the video of it anywhere online (I've got a copy on my drive at home), here's the audio:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5qotpr
Old 10-03-2018, 11:47 AM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post

'Free Yourself' does have some of the same sounds as 'Mad as Hell' - but honestly... it doesn't sound as cool as the live snippets of "Mad as Hell" that I've seen on youtube ('Mad as Hell' is eventually going to be released, right?)

I got a bunch of Chemical Brothers shows in various recording audio quality, but a few decent live broadcasts. Their Apple Music Festival show from 2015 is really good. It was just before Glastonbury, but Apple show was almost 2 hours. I can upload it for ya. Let me know.