Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Jan
vision

Underworld iTunes-only releases gone?
I installed iTunes because of this and looked for the JAL to Tokyo EP with the extra long Ancient Phat Farm Coat and unedited Food A Ready, but it wasn't there anymore!?
Please release this EP in the UW shop (preferably in some kind of lossless form), I'm dying to hear it.
I'm going to deinstall this POS now.
uw#0523
Old 01-06-2009, 01:48 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Underworld iTunes-only releases gone?
1) no love for teh iTunes? love that app!
2) AFFC 18min version sounds exactly like the 4min one except its repeated... a lot! Don't think "Thing in a Book" with this one or you'll be sorely disappointed.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Jan
vision

I should have mentioned that I have already listened to it... it was the background music to Underworld's 'tourverslag' for 3voor12 back in 2006. The quality is pretty bad though, and I'd like to listen to it without ugly artifacts. Also there is a fadeout and I think it should be even longer in the iTunes version.
It's still online:
http://3voor12.vpro.nl/speler/ondemand/32155249

I still wonder why iTunes removed the entire pre-2007 back catalogue... probably the licenses expired or something. But if this is the case, UW should be able to add it to the shop. It would be a shame if this gem lands in the archives forever. I really like it in the context of Pizza for Eggs and I think it also stands well alone.
The full version of Food A Ready is another killer track that I want to pay for... I don't really want to buy the whole Vexille soundtrack just for one song.
The full, lossless versions of Vanilla Monkey and Play Pig are awesome, btw.
uw#0523
Old 01-06-2009, 08:04 PM
darktrain
powered by robuts

On the iTunes tip, I noticed some older remixes up there today that I hadn't heard, so FYI if anyone's interested:

Spooky - Schmoo (Underworld Remix)
Spooky - Schmoo (Steppin Razor Mix)
Simply Red - Thrill Me (Steppin Razor Mix)
Goldie - The Shadow (Process Mix) one of Rick's
Dom, Rob, and Goldie - The Shadow (Bing Here Mix) also Rick

They also have Orbit's Water From a Vine Leaf but it's album-only and Mental Generation's Cafe del Mar, but only as heard mixed in/out of other tracks.

Anything I'm missing that warrants a mention?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:31 PM
dubnobasswithme
koob!

thanks for the heads up, darktrain!

uw0006
Old 01-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Food a Ready is available for individual purchase via Amazon's MP3 store. It's 99 cents. I personally like Amazon because it's DRM-free and a higher bit-rate.

Underworld - Food a Ready (7:20)

Jason
Old 01-07-2009, 03:18 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

This is probably something to do with Apple's announcement of tiered pricing and DRM-free tracks yesterday. While the big labels had inside info and got their stuff ready, I suspect Apple stopped leaks by not telling indies like underworldlive.com their plans in advance. Apple have announced 256 kbps DRM free versions of *all* tracks will be available through iTunes by March.

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2009/01/06itunes.html for more details.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:29 AM
DwarfeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I installed iTunes because of this and looked for the JAL to Tokyo EP with the extra long Ancient Phat Farm Coat and unedited Food A Ready, but it wasn't there anymore!?
I remember that this was only available on iTunes Japan, so I guess that's the reason you couldn't find it. I do agree with you that I love to see it in the UW-shop

uw0769
Old 01-11-2009, 04:02 AM
stimpee
Administrator

I've checked the japanese itunes store and JAL to Tokyo EP is not there. There are the Boy Boy Boy, Crocodile, Holding The Moth EPs, as well as Oblivion with Bells (incl. Loads of Birds), and The Bells!. Theres also the version of To Heal from the Songs for Tibet album. And thats all folks.

Theres not even the Beautiful Burnout mixes there, or Ring Road.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Availability of new Underworld stuff has been very frustrating to me overall in recent years. Like tracks that are only available through iTunes Japan, so you have to go buy some iTunes card with a fake Japanese mailing address and then whisper the secret password to a special operative disguised as a sumo wrestler at a private noodle bar in Tokyo at midnight on a specific date - it's just stupid in an era when it's so easy to make digital files widely available. And the sad thing is, had this stuff been made more easily available, I'd be buying ALL of it. Instead, I've stopped even trying with Underworld because I don't have the time or desire to spend hours jumping through freakin' hoops just for the privilege of hearing a song that should be immediately available for 99 cents through multiple websites.

Okay, I'm done bitching about it now.