Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:15 PM
crankphoto
More a bitter man

Re: 2017-03-17 Alexandra Palace
This gig sounds like the antidote to the formulaic past few gigs, improv, unexpected treats, experimentation and (another) different start to BS to catch people out might be a utopian dream, or might just be Ally Pally in 2 weeks time.

Hoping we get some low fi and ambient stuff as well as some real stompers. Give us something we don't expect Ricky - love your drums big boy 😜

Hope to see some dirts on the floor - remember it's a long walk up a big hill 😳
Old 03-02-2017, 01:01 PM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Time for new glasses, froops.

It's under User CP > Edit Options > Private Messaging > Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages
Thanks Todd. I'll tell my opto... ophthal... you know who I mean.

Actually that box IS ticked, I am not receiving notifications though. (Yes, the e-mail address is correct and current, and no, nothing in my spam box.)
Old 03-02-2017, 07:16 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by froopy seal View Post
Actually that box IS ticked, I am not receiving notifications though. (Yes, the e-mail address is correct and current, and no, nothing in my spam box.)
I checked the forum configuration, and it was not setup to send Non-Delivery Reports to me for bounced e-mails. I've fixed that, so I should see NDR's now. That will help diagnose if the PM notification e-mail to you is bouncing. If your e-mail provider is silently eating the e-mail though, then I can't help with that.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:02 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

praying this is recorded and either released or sold via uwlive
Old 03-03-2017, 04:38 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
UW regularly improvised their setlist from 1992-2010. With Barking and Barbara, we've expected and received the same show. It'll be a great return to form if they vary the setlist in the slightest, let alone improv or include new tracks!

PS, I love UW live, have dozens/ hundreds of bootlegs, but for the last two tours, I've stopped collecting because what's the point if it's the same gig every night? Might be fun for the crowd, but not for armchair headphone enthusiast.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:06 AM
Dirty Saint
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Might be fun for the crowd, but not for armchair headphone enthusiast.
When have any band worried about the armchair headphone enthusiast
Old 03-04-2017, 05:27 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Saint View Post
When have any band worried about the armchair headphone enthusiast
I'm sure they haven't and don't. No band is tailoring their setlist for a non-live replay, but UW used to cater more to the fan with deep cuts, new tracks, improvs, revisions, etc. It's obvious they've been lately crafting the live show in a static way that appeals to the average festival attendee...A few new tracks, then the big singles. That's fine. It just isn't something that I want to hear over and over, whereas the pre 2010 setlists and improvs were worth collecting and enjoying at home.

Last edited by holden; 03-04-2017 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:30 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

While I agree that collecting and such has been kinda pointless as of late, I don't think they are(were?) trying to tailor their set to a certain crowd anymore now than they did in the past. The lack of the reworks is definitely missed, but they never went without playing Nuxx and always a majority of Cowgirl/KoS/TMO/Moaner/PG/PU/Dark* up through 09. The reworks suited to be fresh to the old fans, please the casuals, and be true to "Underworld Live" all at the same time.

I think the continued static setlists beyond the Dubno2 tour is due to the idea of not being "Underworld" that went into so much of the BB material. Truly putting all those expectations and preconceived notions aside on their own terms (as opposed to for the stage production as in Barking-era or for the sake of doing the whole of DNBWMHM) I'm sure was MUCH more important than appealing to the festival-attendee-nonfan.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:57 AM
amhilde
mouseman

Thought I would check in to see if there was any update as to what this was going to be - happy to see it could very well be improv heavy, or at least a very interesting experience outside a normal "gig". Otherwise why wait 9 months after the last Barbara show just to do the same show again?!

Tickets arrived last week so now we have to figure out how to get up there. Whats the capacity?
Old 03-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Resolute
Heal yourself,

would be nice to sort some kind of meetup if possible. i have very little knowledge of the area though, all i know is im there for most of the day and won't be far from the venue.