Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2006, 02:05 PM
crazysugarboy
pants

Re: ebay live discs £15!!!
For someone who successfully bid for an ebay tokyo cd sold by the mysterious m2 - it was posted by (and paid to) a Mr Junji Sugita (a friend who lived in Japan confirmed the signiture on the ParcelForce envelope!) - my copy, as far as I can ascertain, is a genuine cd. What are my feelings for this whole business? Mixed, basically. I now own a rare Underworld cd which is giviving me immense aural pleasure, but, aslo guilt, in the sense that it is utterly frustrating for other genuine UW fans not to have a copy, and for the fact that the large sums that I, and others, are paying for said cd, are not going into the pockets of those that matter, ie Karl, Rick, Darren P etc who created this truly wondrous music in the first place.

Is this something we now have to accept in the global/online market place? I have fond memories of perusing my local WHSmiths for the latest vinyl lp releases? Golly - am I old??

Michael aka crazysugarboy
Old 03-14-2006, 03:11 PM
lukeyd
j00 makes kitteh scared

Send a message via MSN to lukeyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysugarboy
I now own a rare Underworld cd which is giviving me immense aural pleasure, but, aslo guilt, in the sense that it is utterly frustrating for other genuine UW fans not to have a copy
you do know that a recording of this gig was repeatedly broadcast over dirty radio?
Old 03-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Neo Mike
MEGA MEGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by change
Don't know where you all are residing, but it took about 2 weeks for Tokyo to arrive in the North Central USA... FYI.
What city are you in?
.::underworld.member#0539::.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:48 PM
rayray
pants

i'm waiting three plus weeks, patiently, but with much anticipation here in PA - think shipping was 2 pounds extra btw...congrats to you for getting in.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:59 PM
votingfloater
waukrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysugarboy
I now own a rare Underworld cd which is giving me immense aural pleasure, but, aslo guilt, in the sense that it is utterly frustrating for other genuine UW fans not to have a copy
I'm kind of with with you on this - even though I supped straight from the well (so to speak) rather than from some dubious secondary vendor, numbers sold this way were limited so I might have benefited while a more dedicated collector missed out. So I feel a bit bad. I did really really want to get this though.

I wish I was more of a hard hearted bastard.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:11 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeyd
you do know that a recording of this gig was repeatedly broadcast over dirty radio?
now LOOK, as awesome as that is, it's friggin 96 kbps.
all i hear is potential when i listen to it streamed.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:55 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

I confess I confess!
I found these trax (tokyo) in a higher bit rate and they sound
oh so much better than the streamed version. I hesitated before
releasing them from their bonds but wow oh wow. Now to score the
ebay version...<sigh> crank!
Old 03-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeyd
Yeah, this isn't really a valid argument for those of us that value recording quality on a rabid level. But it looks like a new round of discs will be made available soon, so maybe us audiophile fans will soon have our wishes granted. In the meantime, I'll keep exploring my alternative meanse of getting a copy just in case.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:43 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman
now LOOK, as awesome as that is, it's friggin 96 kbps.
all i hear is potential when i listen to it streamed.

EXACTLY!

you can't be like - well, you got a copy if you listen to the streamed version. that's like saying... well - you heard it on the radio, it's like buying the album

simply does not compute
Old 03-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Jan
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
you can't be like - well, you got a copy if you listen to the streamed version. that's like saying... well - you heard it on the radio, it's like buying the album
Obviously the encoder wasn't the greatest. I wasn't even able to turn up the volume to an adequate level!

They did a better thing with the Lemonworld Broadcast in December... It was also at 96kbps but had (IMO) a surprisingly good sound quality.