Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2010, 09:13 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Re: 2010-10-30 - 4th and B, San Diego
well, if they're both 'festival sets' you're not going to see any variation. With the exception of Pearls Girl, Dirty Epic and Moaner to end the sets, they've been identical. If the set time is 1:15, you won't hear any changes. If the set time is longer at one than the other, then you'll get either PG, Dirty Epic or maybe Skyscraper and Moaner to finish.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Rise Pig Rise
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
well, if they're both 'festival sets' you're not going to see any variation. With the exception of Pearls Girl, Dirty Epic and Moaner to end the sets, they've been identical. If the set time is 1:15, you won't hear any changes. If the set time is longer at one than the other, then you'll get either PG, Dirty Epic or maybe Skyscraper and Moaner to finish.
Right, ok, good info. I do particularly hope that we hear PG tomorrow night, but I'm not terribly desperate for that one, as my preferred live versions of the tune predate the year 2000. I really like how much they used to f*ck with it when Emerson was still around. Leading off with that PG improv back from the Mayan Theatre was in-bloody-sane. Talk about getting my arse handed to me, and then some.

And to think I was only able to experience that via live recording. I'm so very grateful for whoever made that. That, and the Sheffield Octogon (which I can't seem to find anymore for some reason), particularly -- though any live UW is never anything but stellar, of course.

P. S. I know this doesn't really belong in this thread, so please forgive the off-topicness, as I don't intend to stray too long -- but did anyone see "Let Me In" with "Doot Doot" playing in the "seclusion scene"? Was that not breathtaking?

RisePigRise.com
(Nothing much there yet, but...)

Last edited by Rise Pig Rise; 10-29-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Rabbitwork
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Pig Rise View Post
Right, ok, good info. I do particularly hope that we hear PG tomorrow night, but I'm not terribly desperate for that one, as my preferred live versions of the tune predate the year 2000. I really like how much they used to f*ck with it when Emerson was still around. Leading off with that PG improv back from the Mayan Theatre was in-bloody-sane. Talk about getting my arse handed to me, and then some.

And to think I was only able to experience that via live recording. I'm so very grateful for whoever made that. That, and the Sheffield Octogon (which I can't seem to find anymore for some reason), particularly -- though any live UW is never anything but stellar, of course.

P. S. I know this doesn't really belong in this thread, so please forgive the off-topicness, as I don't intend to stray too long -- but did anyone see "Let Me In" with "Doot Doot" playing in the "seclusion scene"? Was that not breathtaking?
i had previously refused to see "let me in" because the original is so amazing, but now i'll have to just for that scene. really like its usage in "vanilla sky".

for tomorrow all i'm really hoping for is always loved a film (which is probably a guarantee; definitely my fav track on barking right now), king of snake, and if for some reason the star align properly juanita/kiteless.

does anyone know the last time they've played something from MK1 era?
Old 10-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Paul View Post
Something to note: USC/Oregon game starts at 5pm, and every bar with a TV will be packed for it. Just occurred to me. Still, I think we could get a table.

good point. i'd like to throw this joint out as another possible option -http://www.syrahwineparlor.com/

very memorable little wine bar without the overlap from the gaslap meat-heads. i've had many a good time bringing guests here.

thoughts?
Old 10-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Jon Paul
river

Vin sounds like a nice joint. I'm up for Johnny's, Vin, or hopping around the neighborhood. I'll be down in SD super early (leaving Ventura County at dawn...hate traffic).

Also, I just booked a room in Mission Valley because I don't want to risk the ride home amongst the holiday partiers. If any Dirts don't feel like the drive back to LaLaLand (and aren't inherently psychotic...aside from being manic fans, which is a given), you're welcome to message me or hit me at the meetup if you need a place to crash.

No clue what I'm wearing...that's a game time decision. I'll definitely be wearing red high top converse, sunglasses, and will be roaming the Gaslamp from 4:00 on. Can't wait for the show. Best coast indeed.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:51 PM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

for what it's worth here are the set times from my sources:

Doors: 8pm
DJ #1: 9:00pm - 9:45pm
Blaqk Audio: 10:00pm - 10:35pm
Underworld: 11:15pm - 1:00am
DJ #3: 1:00am - 4:00am
Old 10-29-2010, 08:39 PM
ProfAmaretto
river

Do these sources prefer not to be identified?

Lolz at generic DJ #1 + 3 (where's 2 or is that Blaqk Audio?)
Old 10-29-2010, 10:01 PM
darktrain