Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:46 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Re: Underworld Recordings
Attitude aside, a valid point on the availability of these bootlegs that we have treasured could be made here. Despite efforts by many we've yet to find a reliable way to keep our cache of shows updated and available to others. I'd like to believe a "World of Underworld Live" is coming, but the realist in me says no.

What are reliable ways with non-expiring links (or some mechanism around that) we can use? Mega and Google drive seem strong possibilities, though Geocities, Altavista, and Photobucket all have a thing to say about that.

Last edited by jetpig; 06-06-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:12 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
Attitude aside, a valid point on the availability of these bootlegs that we have treasured could be made here. Despite efforts by many we've yet to find a reliable way to keep our cache of shows updated and available to others. I'd like to believe a "World of Underworld Live" is coming, but the realist in me says no.

What are reliable ways with non-expiring links (or some mechanism around that) we can use? Mega and Google drive seem strong possibilities, though Geocities, Altavista, and Photobucket all have a thing to say about that.
Mega gives you 50gbs worth of upload space for free. I don't know what Google Drive gives you. There's also Dropbox, but you don't get a lot of space with free accounts.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:41 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
Mega gives you 50gbs worth of upload space for free. I don't know what Google Drive gives you. There's also Dropbox, but you don't get a lot of space with free accounts.

GDrive is 15 and here's the problem, even 50gb isn't even halfway to enough for everything.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:36 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Torrent seedbox. multiple mega accounts.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:50 AM
proedros
river

i am seeding 5 shows atm , i hope the person who gets them stick around to help the ones coming after him

we don't need other 0.03 members with excuses , if you want to seed/help you can help/seed al the other talk is BS excuses

cheers
Old 06-17-2018, 10:53 PM
Badger
pants

How much data is in the RTSR tracker? I have a very large dropbox account that i use for the Orbital OMT releases. Depending on how much there is, i could potentially house it there? We'd have to figure out a way of getting it to me and then uploading it all but it could be possible.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:41 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
How much data is in the RTSR tracker? I have a very large dropbox account that i use for the Orbital OMT releases. Depending on how much there is, i could potentially house it there? We'd have to figure out a way of getting it to me and then uploading it all but it could be possible.

On the tracker? Nothing, It doesn't host files. In all the torrents on it? Hundreds of gigabytes. I'd put it between 275 and 500, but I'm really grasping at straws there, could be a bit more. I haven't looked at it all in one place since before the Olympics, I think, and that broadcast alone is pretty big.

Two issues:
1) Putting things in one place under one person still gives a single point of failure.
2) I don't know that any one person has all of it anymore, so it will all need to be collected. I'd be surprised if anything was actually lost to the ages though.

The solution that seems to be the best for ensuring these shows are accessible to new downloaders without relying on one or two individuals is going to be wider availability. Opening up RTSR to all isn't a great idea, no one here wants to have to moderate that closely, but I think it could be a good idea to get these shows out onto more public torrent networks like tribal mixes and what not, tagged with RTSR info of course. The biggest problem there is that if new sources of old shows turn up we can't really replace the old ones easily, but other internet randos not getting the latest and greatest isn't something I will lose sleep over, they can come here if they want that.

cloud storage, if large enough, would be a good place to collect files in the mean time for that project, though.

Last edited by jetpig; 06-18-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:03 PM
Badger
pants

I have a 1TB dropbox so if we want to do this we could. I realize that there would have to be the collection of the shows and then figure out the best way to do it.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:01 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I have a 1TB dropbox so if we want to do this we could. I realize that there would have to be the collection of the shows and then figure out the best way to do it.

I am more than willing to help, too. I will gladly get another seedbox going once we have the collection somewhere. I think a good first step will be to write up an inventory list based off the contents of the torrents on the tracker. I am willing to take point on that, too, but I can't start for a week at least, if anyone else is up to do that.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:26 PM
whatmakesustick

I have been sorting through some old recording that I downloaded a while ago (probably from the tracker). The folder name was 'underworld - live - 1996 glastonbury' - however, I don't think underworld played glasto that year. The recording is great, including a slowed down rez. Does anyone have any idea what this is - am guessing it was miss labelled on the tracker and it might rng some bells with someone?

Tracklist (which looks like a 1996 setlist)
rez
cowgirl
juanita
cherry pie
rowla
pearls girl
spoonman
born slippy
born slippy nuxx