Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2023, 09:08 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Re: Denver Luna - Limited Drop
I’m gonna ask again WHO are these superfans dropping $40 on a two track vinyl single? 1000 of them? In five hours? Where are they?
Old 10-20-2023, 04:25 PM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
I?m gonna ask again WHO are these superfans dropping $40 on a two track vinyl single? 1000 of them? In five hours? Where are they?
it has 3 tracks.

well, i order everything almost right away nowadays. in the past i used
to just buy things off ebay and discogs. sometimes paying more,
sometimes less.

now that i'm caught up, its easier just to buy things when they come out.

later
| || | | | ||
ne gative 1
Old 10-20-2023, 08:41 PM
ultradave
the doorway boy...

...raising hand...
I logged in about 15 minutes after the drop. I would have liked a T-Shirt, but "kiss the animal"? It just wasn't me. A "reflection" lyric would have been ideal... I dropped the funds on the vinyl and I'm sure it'll be a while before the instrumental of denver luna will stream. I've become pretty picky on buying "physical" releases these days, but I do love me some coloured vinyl!
Old 10-21-2023, 11:13 AM
AndyHarris
river

Bought for the artwork.
Old 10-23-2023, 11:04 AM
StrangeLastName
river

Yeah, I bought it mostly for the artwork, and the versions that likely won't be on the upcoming album release.

I *really* wanted to get And The Colour Red, but that was just too much, and I was guessing the track would be on the eventual album. (If not, I'll really kick myself for not buying). I said somewhere else on here, but if that 12" had the Rebuke remix on there it would have been a no-brainer to buy.
Old 10-23-2023, 02:30 PM
negative1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeLastName View Post
Yeah, I bought it mostly for the artwork, and the versions that likely won't be on the upcoming album release.

I *really* wanted to get And The Colour Red, but that was just too much, and I was guessing the track would be on the eventual album. (If not, I'll really kick myself for not buying). I said somewhere else on here, but if that 12" had the Rebuke remix on there it would have been a no-brainer to buy.
well, it depends. if you're a collector and want it.
theres discogs and ebay., and higher prices.

if you just want to hear it, its on digital.

at this point, i dont question the costs, the tracks etc.
because ever since the first drop came out, with limited amounts.
we knew they were all going to sell out.

so its either get them now, or pay later on if you really really wanted it.

later
| | | | || | |
ne gative 1
Old 10-23-2023, 03:05 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

I get that many of us are of the wallet to be doing this, longtimesuperfan etc, I just wonder who these other people are that 1000 of them would sell out. the subreddit is about as busy as things are here. I don't see much hype on twitter/elsewhere, so... who/where?
Old 10-24-2023, 12:53 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Honestly, I've been hearing lots of stories about new fans. I saw comments and anecdotes about several people at the Shrine Expo show who were only there because they had been blown away by seeing them for the first time at Coachella earlier this year.

One of my longtime friends was only a casual fan, but he saw them for the first time at Movement this year, and loved it. He picked up a Denver Luna vinyl, and I didn't even tell him about it.

Also, for this drop, they promoted it a lot more. They had the pre-announcement on socials and newsletter, and then promoted it heavily when it dropped. Result: vinyl sold out in less than 5 hours. For the colour red vinyl, they didn't even send an email newsletter, and didn't do a pre-announcement of the drop, and it didn't sell out in the 24 hours of the drop.
Old 10-24-2023, 02:16 AM
atticinsane
river

Hope denver luna (instrumental) gets a digital release.
Old 10-24-2023, 11:09 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Honestly, I've been hearing lots of stories about new fans. I saw comments and anecdotes about several people at the Shrine Expo show who were only there because they had been blown away by seeing them for the first time at Coachella earlier this year.
In further support of my theory that there are a lot of new Underworld fans buying music, there is a lot of old music stock that is just recently selling out on the Store, after being available for years. Just since the Denver Luna drop, the Barking CD and Bungalow with Stairs CD have sold out. And within the past 6 months, there have been sellouts of the Olympics vinyl, Drift Series 1 Sampler vinyl, Oblivion with Bells CD+DVD, Dubnobass CD, Second Toughest CD, Barbara Barbara CD, and Edgeland CD+DVD, High Life CD, Barking CD+DVD, and Frankenstein CD,