Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 09:55 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: Massive Attack:: North American Tour
well think of it this way -

and I should preface this with, it's not directed at you by any means... more of just this general vibe that I'm kinda annoyed with

but anyways - I'm also a poor student, but I'd still wager it's much more expensive for me to see MA

(option 1)
Washington, DC show... which is after I'm moving, but it's def more desireable of a show
$200 - $300 for plane tickets
$25 - $35 for tickets to the show
~ a full day of air travel, unless I can get a direct flight, which is rare

then, if I want to take a lady friend or whatnot, then x2 for the tickets... and if I want a hotel, and can't crash at a friends place then let's tack on another like... what $400 depending on rates and how long I stay - but it'd almost definitely be more

so all in all - including meals (and I'm prolly off on hotel costs) it's going to run me somewhere in the $1,000 ballpark, conservitively speaking

(option 2)
Chicago Show
• $25 - $35 for tickets to the show, and definitely would have to buy an extra ticket
• ~5 hours driving + full tank of gas, snacks (so like with the cost of gas these days, that's going to run ~$50 one way)
• and then you've also got hotel accomodations, meals and whatnot

so either way, I'm going to spend a rediculous ammount of money if and when I see Massive Attack
Old 07-07-2006, 10:39 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

When I was a youngen college kid (in other words, poor) I was much more creative and will pass along my wisdom to you lot.

You don't need a hotel. Sleep? What's that? When you're gig hopping that is. And if the need be, crash at the beach the next day. If there's no beach, crash at the park. All you need is the rental car. One time we played homeless and stayed at the salvation army, only because there were girls with us. (that was very bad, I admit it)

And Dirty0900, I've traveled through the UK on the train system DIRT cheap. Time to travel sucks the big one, but that's when you play your banjo, bongos or whatever with your open hat. J/K.

Old 07-07-2006, 06:34 PM
beh
CLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtytomato
Does anyone happen to know when they go on sale (in particular this show)?
July 16th. see this link for more info, it's the Greek's promoters:

http://www.apeconcerts.com/

and scroll towards the bottom.

I'll be at the Berkeley show. saw 'em for the first time at Coachella. my best friend who absolutely loved MA couldn't go to Coachella and was so bummed. but she was so excited she almost peed her pants when I told her about this show.

saw Radiohead at the Greek a few weeks ago. first time at the Greek and I love the venue. a no-brainer to see MA there.

bh

Last edited by beh; 07-07-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Sarcasmo
apocalypso

Send a message via Yahoo to Sarcasmo
Holy Shit!!! I Might Be Back In The States For The Chicago Show!!!:d:d:d
You dodged a massive fucking bullet, man. The really huge Super Mario kind with the eyes on the side, where you had to run and duck into the little divot to avoid shrinking. You did that. You got into that divot, and you're still super sized, and you can break blocks with your face. Now get out there and step on some fucking turtles!!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
well think of it this way -

and I should preface this with, it's not directed at you by any means... more of just this general vibe that I'm kinda annoyed with

but anyways - I'm also a poor student, but I'd still wager it's much more expensive for me to see MA

(option 1)
Washington, DC show... which is after I'm moving, but it's def more desireable of a show
$200 - $300 for plane tickets
$25 - $35 for tickets to the show
~ a full day of air travel, unless I can get a direct flight, which is rare

then, if I want to take a lady friend or whatnot, then x2 for the tickets... and if I want a hotel, and can't crash at a friends place then let's tack on another like... what $400 depending on rates and how long I stay - but it'd almost definitely be more

so all in all - including meals (and I'm prolly off on hotel costs) it's going to run me somewhere in the $1,000 ballpark, conservitively speaking

(option 2)
Chicago Show
• $25 - $35 for tickets to the show, and definitely would have to buy an extra ticket
• ~5 hours driving + full tank of gas, snacks (so like with the cost of gas these days, that's going to run ~$50 one way)
• and then you've also got hotel accomodations, meals and whatnot

so either way, I'm going to spend a rediculous ammount of money if and when I see Massive Attack
Hmmmmmm point noted!

Nothing is cheap. It will be worth it though. You'll have to report back and gloat!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:32 PM
txjaxx
mouseman

tix for Houston are $45, so you might want to up your estimates a little.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:23 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

anyone anxious at the fact that NONE of these new dates are listed on the MA's own page?

and that you can't find them on ticketmaster, or at least on the Washington, DC show's website?
Old 07-12-2006, 06:21 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

It's all about supply and demand.

Most of the lesser known foreign bands do this to get a feel of how many people are planning to show. In MA's situation, there's always been question of outright dislike towards them from Americans as The Massive has always been critical of our govts foreign affairs.

Just look at the arrogance towards Sinead, and gasp(shit!) she's now one of them.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:47 PM
dirtytomato
river

Send a message via AIM to dirtytomato Send a message via Yahoo to dirtytomato
Quote:
Originally Posted by beh
July 16th. see this link for more info, it's the Greek's promoters:

http://www.apeconcerts.com/

and scroll towards the bottom.

I'll be at the Berkeley show. saw 'em for the first time at Coachella. my best friend who absolutely loved MA couldn't go to Coachella and was so bummed. but she was so excited she almost peed her pants when I told her about this show.

saw Radiohead at the Greek a few weeks ago. first time at the Greek and I love the venue. a no-brainer to see MA there.

bh
I saw them at Coachella and I'm hoping this experience will be much better. And I couldn't get tickets for the Radiohead show even though I was online half an hour before tickets went on sale.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:47 PM
txjaxx
mouseman

Tickets!!!
Most go on sale on Saturday, but there are some presales already on.
Check ticketmaster.com for dates. I don't think ticketmaser is selling for all dates though, so if you don't see your city there, check with the venue in yo town.
For fellow Dallasites - the presale starts at 10am Friday and general public onsale is Saturday at 10am.