Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > interupt.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:17 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: YEESSSS!!!!!!!! - Tales of Monkey Island
So what was so fundamentally wrong with the original that it needs a re-release with pimped graphics? i guess it needs ScummVM to run properly but is that it? I grabbed it again recently and couldnt get the music running...but it seemed to run just fine (good speed, not crazy fast)
Old 06-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Wubwubwubwub

That's just it - it's completely unnecessary.

edit - from memory there are two versions of the game out there for scummvm - the floppy disc version without music, and a cd version with. Maybe you had the floppy version?
Old 06-23-2009, 07:20 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Looks like i got the floppy version. Will look again for the CD-version. I still have the original (for Mac) with the card-wheel for the protection at my folks house somewhere...
Old 06-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Wubwubwubwub

The Dial-a-Pirate was fucking awesome. All DRM should be scrapped in favour of this method of copy protection.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Ranana_infuLp

YEESSSS Tales of Monkey Island
I wonder if the developers will work with Ron Gilbert to reveal at last the real secret of monkey island if there is one.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:17 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
So what was so fundamentally wrong with the original that it needs a re-release with pimped graphics?
...the graphics. And the fact that I can't play the original on my xbox.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Leon
bungalow

The Curse of Monkey Island is probably my favorite game ever. Everytime I have a discussion about games with friends, I always reminisce about it. I'm quite happy they use its style and voices for the remake. I hope it doesn't dissapoint though, it might just not turn out the way you'd want it to.

About the new Monkey Island: I'm thrilled there's going to be a new one. The only thing is: I got the new Sam & Max series as well, or at least the first 2 episodes, and it just couldn't excite me much. The graphics look nice but I had the feeling it misses some of the vibes most old skool adventure games have. Of course I shouldn't compare it to old adventure games, because part of their attraction is nostalgia, but if I remember well, I didn't enjoy the humor in the episodes as much either. I think I even found some characters a bit annoying. I hope this is not going to be the case with the new Monkey Island.
Anyway, maybe I should retry the new Sam & Max, it's been quite a while since I've played it.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:50 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
The Curse of Monkey Island is probably my favorite game ever. . .
Shut up Leon.

J/K.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Steven Beck
Underneath a Radar.

Good post. Would read again.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Leon
bungalow

I've played the demo for Tales Of Monkey Island, but my computer's to slow, so I'm going to wait till it gets a release on Xbox Live. From what I've seen, the graphics can be nice. I just hope it will have a nice "vibe" like the other games have (and which the Sam & Max episodes don't have). Not sure about the controls though. You kind of have to click and hold your mouse to where you want to go. I think I prefer classic point 'n click, but we'll see.