Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:26 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Re: 2015-06-21 Dubno Live @ The Hollywood Bowl
Interesting that the press release doesn't explicitly say they're playing Dubnobass in full, which was very much the big deal about the Royal Festival and subsequent show. I wonder if there's concern that the American fan base would be less interested in the limited setlist? Or maybe the boys got bored? Or maybe it's just a copywriting oversight.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
Interesting that the press release doesn't explicitly say they're playing Dubnobass in full, which was very much the big deal about the Royal Festival and subsequent show. I wonder if there's concern that the American fan base would be less interested in the limited setlist? Or maybe the boys got bored? Or maybe it's just a copywriting oversight.
I read the announcement on the Facebook page as meaning they would be playing Dubnobasswithymyheadman' in full, but your right, it doesn't explicitly say it.
:
We are very happy to announce that Underworld will return to the iconic Hollywood Bowl on 21st June 2015 for a special performance in celebration of the 20th anniversary of their album dubnobasswithmyheadman. This show will offer US fans the unique chance to see Underworld performing epic tracks from the album along with their other landmark hits. Tickets for Hollywood Bowl subscriptions go on sale today and single event tickets go on general sale on 3 May 2015. http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/underworld/2015-06-21

---Jason

Last edited by Troy McClure; 02-10-2015 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

I hope to make it. I would be coming from Arizona. I've never been to the Hollywood Bowl, But I know how iconic it is. Did anyone here see UW at The Bowl back in 2007?

Hopefully the single event tickets are reasonably priced, and that some of the close sections are available.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:34 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

I suspect ssomething similar to I<3techno. I would love a 2 hour set that starts with d&l, finishes with RoB and includes dubno style versions of the obligatory hits. Not likely but would be cool.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:01 PM
dubnobasswithme
koob!

I was at the show in 2007. My soon to be brother in law got married the day before in Sacramento, so my now wife and I took a trip down I-5 the next day to get to LA. I had seen UW 3 times before in indoor venues and there was something magical to seeing Born Slippy played under a clear sky with that many other people around!

Plus, they played Juanita and the guitar jam version of Glam Bucket, so that was awesome too (http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/285)

uw0006
Old 03-02-2015, 07:38 PM
klingklang
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdave2 View Post
Someone on another forum mentioned the Hilton Garden Inn or Orchid Suites Hotel. I haven't checked out rates yet, but is anyone familiar with those?
I've read great reviews of the Hilton. I've never stayed there, though. I've stayed at the Best Western on Highland (it's the closest hotel to the Bowl). It was worth it when it was $100 (it's now more than double that..definitely not worth that). Hollywood Orchid Suites is good if you want a full kitchen. I like that place, but it's not very modern if you're a stickler for that--especially if you're used to Hiltons, Sheratons, Westins, etc. I try not to stay there anymore because about 2 years ago, it started attracting noisy tourists who wake up at 6am to go do tourist-y things. There are other hotels/motels on Sunset near In-N-Out if you're on a budget. Don't stay at the Motel 6 on Whitley near Hollywood Blvd., though. That place is horrid.

The 'nice' thing about Bowl shows is that they have an 11pm curfew, so with the 20 minute-ish walk to the Red Line (the subway) or opting for one of the Bowl shuttles, it's easy to stay in another part of town.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:54 AM
SappysCurry
can you feel this bass?

We did a group block of 16 tickets (all of which were spoken for almost immediately after we made the reservation). It brought the price per ticket down to around $33 per and our seats are in section K, just a few rows back from the Terrace Boxes, which are about five times the price.

Only group and subscription tickets are available and the best seats seem to have been snapped up in the closer sections near and around the Super Seat locations. (Refer to the Hollywood Bowl schematic to understand what I'm talking about here: http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/seating#section=1).

But there should be plenty of good seats available at the sides and the sections behind F through K, though finding a few good ones in those areas is also feasible, I would imagine. Otherwise, the boxes are probably going for about $150-200 per person. I was in a Garden Box back in 2007 and it was an amazing place to see the show. If you've never been to the Bowl, it's a must.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:07 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

How'd you do the group buy? All I'm seeing is subscriptions for the series of shows at the bowl, which I definitely don't want.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:23 PM
cdave2
dancin' fool

I'd be interested in a group buy, even at full price, if we could snag one of the pool or garden boxes. Heck, I haven't seen UW for 13 years and I'm blowing my annual budget on just getting there; a little extra for a good seat won't hurt. Anyone else interested?

Last edited by cdave2; 03-06-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:30 PM
cdave2
dancin' fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingklang View Post
Hollywood Orchid Suites is good if you want a full kitchen. I like that place, but it's not very modern if you're a stickler for that--especially if you're used to Hiltons, Sheratons, Westins, etc. I try not to stay there anymore because about 2 years ago, it started attracting noisy tourists who wake up at 6am to go do tourist-y things.
Sorry, I just caught up with the thread and read your post. I've made a tentative reservation at the Hollywood Orchid Suites because of a recommendation on one of the Radiohead forums, so I'm glad to hear it seconded! I might be waking up at 6am to catch a return flight anyway, so no worries about the tourists. Thank you for the tips!