Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:20 PM
hypeless
mouseman

Newsletter Opt-in and GDPR shenanigans
If this is spam, they've gotten way too clever. Just received this email from the Underworld shop:

Quote:
STAY IN TOUCH
I’m sure this is not the first and won’t be the last email you get about the new GDPR privacy laws, but we wanted to let you know how much we’ve appreciated your love and support over the years.

Whether bringing your light into sweaty clubs around the world, or dancing with us in festival fields, or as one of the amazing 1000 drummers in the Olympic Opening Ceremony - or any of the countless other ways you’ve been there with us over time – you’ve been the best. Thank you.

We have some very exciting NEW MUSIC NEWS coming on Saturday, so click on the link below to get this and future updates from us….

CLICK HERE TO OPT IN

You can read our privacy policy for Underworld store here and Underworld Live here.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:21 PM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Re: "New Music News" coming Saturday
With a non-clickable 'opt in' link!
Old 05-24-2018, 03:37 PM
purlieu
enofa

Yes, I noticed the link wasn't working. Annoying. I may just sign up again in a couple of days!
Old 05-24-2018, 03:42 PM
hypeless
mouseman

The link was the reason I thought it might be exceptionally well targeted spam. I even clicked the "if you can't see the email click here" and the link on THAT page doesn't work either.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:05 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Yeah, it's from the mailing list, but they forgot to put in the link to click on to continue to opt-in. If you look at the source code, there's just a placeholder variable there where the link should be. I imagine it'll have to go out again.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:18 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

GDPR starts tonight. They actually technically can’t send it again.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:06 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

At the tippy top of the email is a link for if you can't view the email. Click on that and it will take you to a page with a clickable opt in. That link didn't take me anywhere, but I felt reassured. Guess we'll find out in a couple days if it worked or not.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:22 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
At the tippy top of the email is a link for if you can't view the email. Click on that and it will take you to a page with a clickable opt in. That link didn't take me anywhere, but I felt reassured.
Unfortunately, that link doesn't work either. It contains the same non-functional variable name as the e-mail itself.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:19 AM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Is the email not just a joke? ie they are just announcing that there will be an announcement about the new music and being clever/funny by making it look like all the data emails that everyone is sending?
Old 05-25-2018, 02:13 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
Is the email not just a joke? ie they are just announcing that there will be an announcement about the new music and being clever/funny by making it look like all the data emails that everyone is sending?
Uh, no, I think you need to actually opt-in to continue receiving communications from them.