Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Re: Mmm…Skyscraper I Love You (Live Jam Kyne rd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
The live version of ME is gone now...
Yea i had a feeling that wasnt meant to be seen quite yet.... it was "private" but with a link you could view it... id say that was a mistake
Old 09-16-2014, 12:50 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I understand, and its what other bands do too.. but I just hate to spoil the surprise. I wish they would put their social media to better use by releasing other things like live video snippets from that era, or other cuttings that won't make it to the box set. Perhaps even a commentary of how the album was put together. There is so much more in their archive.

I would guess that it's done to try and get the casual Underworld fan interested in buying the new product. A lot of us here would be buying the boxset no matter what. Heck, I even ordered the blu-ray and I don't own a quality sound system.

But I'm with others that maybe they could show segments of stuff that isn't up to par for release but worthy of a social media upload.

-Jason
Old 09-16-2014, 12:51 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwho View Post
Yea i had a feeling that wasnt meant to be seen quite yet.... it was "private" but with a link you could view it... id say that was a mistake

Good thing I saved it to my laptop. It's really good stuff. Is the M.E. video the earliest known live video of a MK II song?

-Jason
Old 09-16-2014, 06:08 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
Good thing I saved it to my laptop. It's really good stuff. Is the M.E. video the earliest known live video of a MK II song?
Would it technically be a MK I song?
Old 09-16-2014, 07:17 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Its interesting to me, the relative newb here, to see that the dividing line between mk 1 and 2 wasn't so defined as I thought it was. The various demos out there really highlight that too.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Skyscraper live is brilliant. Despite the static setlist of late, they did play it during the Glasgow gig.
I've got the setlist with it handwritten on, but it's been misplaced
for now.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpig View Post
Its interesting to me, the relative newb here, to see that the dividing line between mk 1 and 2 wasn't so defined as I thought it was. The various demos out there really highlight that too.
I've always felt that ME was a deliberate nod to their MK1 roots... keeping the door open to get back to that at some point maybe, but clearly the whole MK2 electronic vibe really took off in a big was and Dubno was just the beginning.

To be honest I listen to some of Hyde's solo work recently and the lyrics on Barking - It is not far off the vibe that they had in MK1 ... I really feel it has come full circle recently, and the Dubno gig/release that we have now could actually be the cycle echoing itself... they are rediscovering the tracks, remembering the time they made it and the emotions.

Perhaps we will get new material soon that will embrace that same electronic vibe and we'll get some more house / techno tracks with Karl's vocals deeper in the mix than they have been recently.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:44 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

I have thought similarly about the cycle. Barking brings UW all the way back around to a mainstream pop sound (granted one they helped create as opposed to one they are chasing). They've since gone out individually and explored a few other avenues and are coming back together again.

Its funny you say that about techno vibes, I've been listening to 020202 recently and that reminds me of a lot of the modern techno being made, shame they haven't trotted that one out live. I'm really hoping they play something new at that maida vale session, even as a tease, but would honestly be surprised if they did, so as not to pull attention away from the dub no reissue.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:24 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I understand, and its what other bands do too.. but I just hate to spoil the surprise. I wish they would put their social media to better use by releasing other things like live video snippets from that era, or other cuttings that won't make it to the box set. Perhaps even a commentary of how the album was put together. There is so much more in their archive.
What Mike said. live video footage is amazing. that video from 1994 from the paradiso for example, blew my mind. that whole gig should be released...
Old 09-17-2014, 01:55 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

Thanks Steve! I've never seen that before. Any more from that show?