Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:30 AM
iamneorev
pants

Re: Youtube Videos

I know this was on A Life Less Ordinary soundtrack in 1997, but it doesn't really sound like a Second Toughest In The Infants type track. Has more of a Dubnobasswithmyheadman sound to me. Anyone know anything more about this track? Such as when it was recorded? I know a reworked version appeared on the Athens mix CD with Misterons. I wish Underworld included Oh and 8 Ball on their respective boxsets. Bugs me they left tracks off the boxsets, such as Dark & Long (215 Miles), Spoon Deep, Big Meat Show, Minneapolis, Bigmouth, Pearls Girl (Carp Dreams... Koi), Born Slippy.NUXX (Telematic), etc.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:49 AM
purlieu
enofa

It must have been a difficult decision knowing what to include - the Dubnobass box would have required at least one extra disc to include all the remaining b-sides - although I agree that Carp Dreams and Telematic are notable losses. The appearance of Dark & Long (Hall's Edit) is the most baffling to me, pretty pointless, especially given that more interesting radio edits - King of Snake (Barking Mix) and Bruce Lee (Short) - don't appear.

That said, they clearly made an attempt not to cross over with 1992-2012, which includes 8 Ball, Big Meat Show, Minneapolis, Why Why Why and Groove Without a Doubt. Which makes Thing in a Book an odd choice, given its edited form as Second Hand - 215 Miles would have definitely worked better in its place.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:40 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
It must have been a difficult decision knowing what to include - the Dubnobass box would have required at least one extra disc to include all the remaining b-sides - although I agree that Carp Dreams and Telematic are notable losses. The appearance of Dark & Long (Hall's Edit) is the most baffling to me, pretty pointless, especially given that more interesting radio edits - King of Snake (Barking Mix) and Bruce Lee (Short) - don't appear.

That said, they clearly made an attempt not to cross over with 1992-2012, which includes 8 Ball, Big Meat Show, Minneapolis, Why Why Why and Groove Without a Doubt. Which makes Thing in a Book an odd choice, given its edited form as Second Hand - 215 Miles would have definitely worked better in its place.
But they also made A Collection volumes 1 and 2 in 2011 and 2016, which share many tracks from their hits collections (even 8 Ball is on it). I don't get why 8 Ball could be on Vol. 2 in 2016, but not the Beaucoup Fish boxset. Japan got a bonus disc for Dubnobasswithmyheadman, so they easily could've done another disc. They just picked 3 random tracks from the Live In Tokyo 25.10.2005, which was a weird choice. Personally, the missing tracks make the sets feel incomplete.

Personally, I like collecting each album eras' tracks and put them all together on a massive playlist, but now only some have updated masters where others don't. Why Why Why is also a different edit on 1992-2012. Be nice if the full one was on Dubnobasswithmyheadman boxset. We got 2 different versions of The Hump with Wild Beasts version featured on the Dubnobasswithmyheadman boxset and just The Hump on the 1992-2012. In find it out they left Bigmouth off it. First UW song I ever heard (well, Lemon Interupt), kinda seems important.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:47 PM
River of Bass
mouseman

Juanita ; Sofia, Bulgaria 2005
Old 03-23-2020, 01:17 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by River of Bass View Post
Juanita ; Sofia, Bulgaria 2005
Wow, fucking nice surface after 15 years. That was the first gig with Pricey.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:46 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Wow, fucking nice surface after 15 years. That was the first gig with Pricey.
Indeed!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Underworld - Sofia 06-Jul-2005_poster.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	471
Old 07-17-2020, 04:46 PM
River of Bass
mouseman

Skyscraper ; Push >> Sofia 2005

Old 07-18-2020, 01:27 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

This whole set was released to the band's website and are up on the RTSR tracker, as are the Amsterdam and Benicasim sets right after this. The torrents are each missing a tiny chunk of one file, but I haven't picked up on any auditory hitches, so don't expect past 99.98% completion as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by River of Bass View Post
Skyscraper ; Push >> Sofia 2005

Old 04-19-2021, 03:53 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Don't think this has been posted. An interview with John Warwicker that's kind of obnoxiously intercut with Underworld music, some of which I've never heard anywhere. Some of it is kind of remixed tracks we know, other bits sound like installation music.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:59 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

this is when i realize there's probably twice as much content locked away than we've even heard.