Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:05 AM
taoyoyo
cosmic jogger

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Mine arrived in Atlanta on Thursday too. Really nice... #288 (had no idea there was a signed thing so a Brucey-bonus!) ... lots to go through.

The only thing that seems odd [ to me at least ] is that 48/24 download codes have been given for the Sampler and Extra Materials but not for the Episodes (which if ripped are going to be 44/16). Would be great to get the Eps at the same rate to complete everything (without having to buy them again).
Old 11-25-2019, 01:45 AM
whatmakesustick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
I got 002 for my box set number. I wonder if that means they actually filled the orders in order this time, unlike Barbara Barbara. This time, I ordered literally while the new order bundles were still being created on the storefront. For Barbara Barbara, I ordered an hour before the announcement went out, but ended up with box set #81.
I think it's all a bit Random. I got #563 (or something like that) this time despite ordering relatively quickly. For Barbara I got #8 but was a bit late with my order for that one!
Old 11-25-2019, 03:17 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Ah, maybe I got the luck of the draw this time then. Especially since bands will often pull #1 for internal use.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:01 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

or maybe they just love you?
Old 11-27-2019, 12:19 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Yet another version of Dune. I'm not sure of all the changes because I haven't listened to the whole thing side-by-side (it's so long), but at a minimum Rick's changed up the percussion again starting at 9:08.
OK, I finally finished my analysis of Dune. On the album version, there are 3 sections, at 8:13-8:26, 9:08-9:22, and 10:03-10:17, where Rick has put a new, interrupted drum pattern to break up the flow, compared to the EP version.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:00 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

I've got the 2nd disc of the Japan Sampler. Here we go:

Low Between Zebras is the same as the album version, except an early segue at the end to the next track.

Toluca Stars is the same as the album version, except for the segues on both ends.

Doris is the same as the MSP version, except for the segue at the beginning.

A Moth at the Door is identical to the first part of the album version (but without the second part, obviously).

Dune is the same as the album version, but with a segue at the end to the next track.

Hundred Weight Hammer loses 9 seconds of its intro, and has segues on both ends.

Do Breakers Trip has a segue at the beginning, and an early fade-out at the end.

Molehill is identical to the album version.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:23 AM
chrislaw
river

Haha, I'm extremely grateful to my country (despite how I feel about the government) supporting me while I'm unable to work... let me just preface with that haha... But it was very tempting in my Universal Credit interview when they were asking what my "essentials" beyond food were... "Well, Underworld have put out this amazing box set and I really really want to read the PDF of the attending cover art"... One always dreams that the reaction will be like that one episode of Spaced where the officer takes pity on Tim because she, also, hated The Phantom Menace (ha, remember when THAT was the Star Wars that lit people's furies alight?) But yeah. Thank god for food banks, and for new underworld music. DRIFT is really it for me, that plus Tyler, the Creator's IGOR defines my musical 2019 (and probably a good way into 2020 for DRIFT given the huge amount of material)

Hoping this is successful to the level at which the lads want it to be, and that "Series 1" tantaliser gets justified... I'd be happy just DRIFTing from now until the end of time....
Old 11-27-2019, 10:52 AM
negative1

I am almost ready for the dust to settle on the tracks.

Although, it might be better to compile all the drift songs, and versions
separately before integrating them into the full list.

Todd, or anyone else, do you have a list of all the drift tracks, downloads,
and extra songs. The only formats I use are vinyl, digital, cd, and bluray.

if not, i will start compiling them also.

later
Old 11-27-2019, 03:24 PM
Ghostof82
river

I've worked my way through the discs a few times now. Drift is a phenomenal piece of work. Not sure where to start regards favourites or what's so special.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:29 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by negative1 View Post
Todd, or anyone else, do you have a list of all the drift tracks, downloads,
and extra songs. The only formats I use are vinyl, digital, cd, and bluray.
I do still have the list. I'm working on it, but have been a little busy. Finishing the comparisons on the Sampler above has been part of completing it. I'd like to work on ripping the Blu-ray audio too, but I'll try to publish something soon.