Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
Re: Underworld Live Radio Show, Underworld vs. Bungalow with Stairs - December 11, 20
best version of TRIM
Old 12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
baddy2shoos
river

Re: Underworld Live Radio Show, Underworld vs. Bungalow with Stairs - December 11, 20
I'm loving it...and I hope they continue in this direction if they make a new album. There are so many samey ambient albums out there, I really think Underworld bring something new and fresh to the genre.

Then again, the dirty beats are what got me into UW in the first place.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:53 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

The tracklisting and Listen Again will be posted after the show. Probably by tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:07 PM
baddy2shoos
river

OK, getting slightly tired of these vocal acrobatics now.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:07 PM
baddy2shoos
river

and as if by magic....
Old 12-11-2008, 02:33 PM
baddy2shoos
river

So, so, good.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:30 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

man that was TERRIBLE.

fun tho
Old 12-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Looking forward to this, as always - but the Christmastime winter shows have always been extra-awesome for some reason...

UWLive diary the other day mentioned Rick digging out old gems - could this mean rarely performed UW tracks or maybe some classic dance numbers from other artists?? In the case of the former, i wouldn't mind at all hearing a little live "River of Bass" or "Stagger" for example
Well, they played a bit of the "Stagger" a capella during Biro the Leggy... does that count?

In addition, that webcast was MASSIVE. Good from start to finish.
And now, here's CHAMPI SESSLER with your live coverage!
Also in-depth analysis.
Karl and Rick were joined by Danielle, some crew from Bungalow with Stairs, and Darren ("But which one?" as they put it). The show began a bit slow with, as previously stated, little more than some "ambient interludes" and exotic tracks. Then it picked up with Lenny Penne, followed by interesting interpretations of some OWB and HDO classics, and some B-Sides to boot. About 95% of the material seemed to be heavily remixed or entirely new UW stuff, and I'm very excited as one of the few answers they gave that wasn't "yes" to a question said that in the coming days those new tracks will be getting a lot of coverage (which leaves the possibility of a new RiverRun open despite no explicit announcements).
Some Interesting Inclusions:
-Lenny Penne (AWESOME Remix)
-Best Mamgu Ever (semi-acoustic)
-Faxed Invitation (made much more upbeat)
-Puppies (megapsychedelic version)
-Howling opretta voices from 2001: A Space Odyssey
-Trim (They make it much larger and more expansive live)
-Biro The Leggy (With Stagger Vocals)
-Some M.I.A. cover whose name escapes me
-Tiny snippet of Cowgirl (Winjer Mix)
-A closing track that sounded like an Alternative Rock version of You Do Scribble, but probably isn't.
-LOTS OF NEW MATERIAL

And fun fact: their next show will land squarely on my birthday! What a present!

Last edited by Champiness; 12-11-2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-11-2008, 08:51 PM
idoru
mouseman

I, for one, thought that this show was absolutely brilliant. Really nice to hear them focusing on a whole show of stuff like this as opposed to banging it out for a while. I really loved the flow that the show had, especially how they worked on blending each track into the next, rather than just a carefully-planned crossfade.

Miles better than the previous shows this year, and I'm very, very pumped to listen to it again over the next couple of days/weeks.
________
Buy Silver Surfer

Last edited by idoru; 03-09-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:02 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

fucking work, missed it.

Anyone got the mp3 of it (or just the new UW stuff even) floating around?...*cough*