Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Deckard
issue 37

Poor kid
Heath and Deborah Campbell were furious when their local baker in New Jersey refused to decorate a birthday cake with the name of their baby boy.

The boy's name? Adolf Hitler.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5358489.ece

His parents insisted that some of the toddler’s best friends were black. Mr Campbell, 35, said that about 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children who were of mixed race.

“If we’re so racist, then why would I have them come into my home?” he asked.

I can barely get my head around how anyone could knowingly inflict something like that on a child.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:05 AM
gambit
magic city writer

Re: Poor kid
........fuck?

Adolf Hitler Campbell turned 3 this week and celebrated at a party with his younger sisters Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie (sic – apparently in tribute to Heinrich Himmler) and JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell.

A spokeswoman for ShopRite said that this was not the bakery department’s first run in with the Campbells – a similar request was denied two years ago when the shop also refused to daub swastikas on baked goods for the family

The angry father, who was wearing a pair of black boots that he claimed were Second World War German artefacts, said: “They need to accept a name. A name’s a name. The kid isn’t going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did.”

He said he named his son after the leader of the Third Reich because he liked the name and because “no one else in the world would have that name.”

"Other kids get their cake," he complained. "I get a hard time. It's not fair to my children. How can a name be offensive?

Wow, just...wow. These people are either Nazis, or stupid, or both.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

When I first started reading this article yesterday, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe "Adolf" and "Hitler" were somehow family names that they just decided were more important than the outsider's historical view of them. But then I saw that his sister's names included "Aryan Nation" and "Hinler", and that they only chose "Adolf Hitler" because "no one else in the world would have that name." It's all pretty clear once you hear that stuff. And in the article I read, the dumbass "Campbell said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently. 'Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care,' he said. 'That's his choice.'" Wow. How very progressive.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:53 AM
myrrh
a small-minded madman

Well, that sucks to be the kid, but there is no reason why the baker shouldn't have made the cake. It is his job, and it's not like there is technically anything wrong with the name Adolf Hitler.

I could see if the baker was a Jew and these people specifically did this kind of thing to get under his skin, but it seems that they have a legit case in that they chose to name their kid Adolf Hitler, and want his name on his birthday cake.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrh View Post
Well, that sucks to be the kid, but there is no reason why the baker shouldn't have made the cake. It is his job, and it's not like there is technically anything wrong with the name Adolf Hitler.

I could see if the baker was a Jew and these people specifically did this kind of thing to get under his skin, but it seems that they have a legit case in that they chose to name their kid Adolf Hitler, and want his name on his birthday cake.
They offered to make the cake and leave room for the family to add whatever lettering they desired themselves. Seems fair enough to me.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:50 PM
gambit
magic city writer

Every business has the right to refuse business with any customer. They also were asked to paint swastikas on something for this family in the past, and they turned that down.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:24 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

yeah no business is obligated to fulfill a stupid request. the customer's wrong enough as it is without getting uppity about this complete nonsense.

if the dad is retarded enough to name his son this then he should know that he needs to also own the baggage that comes with it.

the fact that they wanted a swastika on a cake before makes this "sounds like a good name" and "i only wear these as artifacts" complete bull.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:49 AM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
And here I am wanting to name my baby "Rocky" or "Cornelius" - and wondering what all the fuss is about when people protest!

- S. Colbert
Old 12-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Deckard
issue 37

And to think there are some unfortunate kids out there called "George Bush" too.

However Rocky or Cornelius are cool.

As would be Darth Vader, Osama bin Laden and Jack Bauer.

(Probably a good thing that I don't have kids)
Old 12-18-2008, 06:05 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
As would be Darth Vader, Osama bin Laden and Jack Bauer.

(Probably a good thing that I don't have kids)
...good names for sheep, though