Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Re: Watchmen
I've seen a bunch of individual scenes from the movie, and for whatever it's worth, I can say with confidence that there will be lots of blue penis shots in the film.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:41 PM
gambit
magic city writer

Who can't have enough blue penis shots?

(But wow, I didn't think there'd be any blue penis shots. That's staying true to the source.)
Old 01-20-2009, 01:55 PM
grady
fac321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I've seen a bunch of individual scenes from the movie, and for whatever it's worth, I can say with confidence that there will be lots of blue penis shots in the film.
Hehe. I've been reading the book again in prep for the film and I was wondering if they would dabble into full frontal blue male nudity.

Did you do any work on it Sean?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady View Post
Hehe. I've been reading the book again in prep for the film and I was wondering if they would dabble into full frontal blue male nudity.

Did you do any work on it Sean?
No, I work on the character animation projects rather than the effects driven ones. So I've managed to avoid all the wiener-mation that's happened here from Hollow Man to Watchmen. As of a few months ago through to at least the end of 2010, I'll be working on a film we're making called "Hotel Transylvania". No wieners in that one either....
Old 01-21-2009, 10:28 AM
grady
fac321

Quote:
No, I work on the character animation projects rather than the effects driven ones. So I've managed to avoid all the wiener-mation that's happened here from Hollow Man to Watchmen. As of a few months ago through to at least the end of 2010, I'll be working on a film we're making called "Hotel Transylvania". No wieners in that one either....
I recall reading about Hotel Transylvania in one of the trades sometime back. Is it being geared as a very kid friendly film? I'd imagine it is, though the synopsis seems somewhat amusing and could have some fun humor in it. The idea reminded me of a this cartoon I saw of a bunch of cereal mascots all sitting around in a circle as part of a support group, but replace the mascots with horror icons.

How far along is the production?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:09 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Quote:
Don't tell us if it's circum. or not, I want it to be a surprise.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady View Post
I recall reading about Hotel Transylvania in one of the trades sometime back. Is it being geared as a very kid friendly film? I'd imagine it is, though the synopsis seems somewhat amusing and could have some fun humor in it. The idea reminded me of a this cartoon I saw of a bunch of cereal mascots all sitting around in a circle as part of a support group, but replace the mascots with horror icons.

How far along is the production?
It'll be geared towards the whole family. It's all about the "four quadrants" these days (a phrase that makes my skin crawl), so it really will be something that appeals to a broad spectrum of ages.

We've been in the development/pre-production stage on this version of the film for around a year now. The synopsis that you can find online really doesn't apply much at all any more. We just sent off the writers to tie down their second draft of the script, and we'll see where things go from there. I'm more excited about this movie than any other I've worked on for years though, so it's going great right now.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:24 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Just seen this movie yesterday!
I managed to finish reading the comic just a couple hours before (had a bit of a hard time getting into it at first but it really hooked me in later on).

I think the movie turned out to be as good as could realistically be expected. It's not Batman/Dark Knight-good (which is pretty much gonna be the benchmark for "realistic superhero movies" for the foreseeable future), but it stays very close to the source material. Biggest change was the ending, and you miss some of the subtleties in the background stories but at 2.5 hours the movie is already quite long so it would have been impossible to get everything in.

Of course Batman had a solid lineup of some of the biggest and best actors around to carry the movie, and I felt that Watchmen could have used a bit more of that too. All the characters definitely looked the part, but none of them really managed to get to the level of acting of the main cast of Batman.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Just back from seeing it here too. My verdict is pretty much the same as yours, they've successfully proved that Watchmen wasn't unfilmable, they haven't taken great liberties with it, they had to cut some things to fit it in a 2 3/4 hour film, but they made wise choices, and perhaps most remarkably, it definitely stands alone as a good film if you haven't read the comic, as my other half will testify. It doesn't stand head and shoulders above it's contemporaries in the way that the comic did, but then again it would have been unrealistic to expect that.

A solid 9/10 from me.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:16 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

agreed, though I'd give it an 8 out of 10.
not bad at all