Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2014, 02:04 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Re: 2014-10-08 - 6 Music LIve at Maida Vale
Of note: the pure audio stream has a higher sound quality than the video stream.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:52 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

I'm watching the video stream....right now Rick's showing off some new piece of equipment, and played a bit of Dirty Epic. Very cool.

Jason
Old 10-08-2014, 04:13 AM
robotusch
mouseman

Got the first bars of Dark & Long and the stream decided to go cold. I sure hope someone with a better connection is recording this
Old 10-08-2014, 04:28 AM
DoctorRad
mouseman

Caught the end of Dark & Long, now a very straight down the line version of Dirty Epic... I was expecting... I dunno... 'new' versions of the old material. Almost sounds like playback with live vocals :-/
Old 10-08-2014, 05:05 AM
crankphoto
More a bitter man

Lots of work by Rick for 'playback' - setlist and thoughts on the way at the end.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:15 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRad View Post
Caught the end of Dark & Long, now a very straight down the line version of Dirty Epic... I was expecting... I dunno... 'new' versions of the old material. Almost sounds like playback with live vocals :-/
That's how they tend to play Dirty Epic in a live show (at least the time I saw them).

Jason
Old 10-08-2014, 05:20 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Setlist anyone? At work so no chance of listening.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:22 AM
Resolute
Heal yourself,

Dark and Long
Dirty Epic
Two Months Off
Scribble
Born Slippy .NUXX
Cowgirl
Jumbo
Old 10-08-2014, 05:23 AM
Rikkie
river

IIRC:

Dark & Long
Dirty Epic
Two Months Off
Scribble
Born Slippy
Cowgirl
Jumbo

Edit: Beat me to it!
Old 10-08-2014, 05:23 AM
crankphoto
More a bitter man

6Music Underworld Set 8th October 2014
Listening then watching – Darren Price is there !
Setlist:
Started 12.10
Track 1 Dark and Long – ‘Ride the Train’ sounded live wasn’t watching at the time (only listening) DP helps Rick - now watching live stream
Claps and break at 12:19
Track 2 Dirty Epic – different piano riff towards the end, plus different echo on Karls voice – can't see DP on this track – glorious vocals into saturated echo towards the end. Very Landarn Geezer at the end “Listen to what he said” Keyboard to out
Claps and break at 12:29
Lauren Laverne speaks to Karl
Mid interview – Darren Price comes back to join Rick.
Karl talks the Bill Bailey Born Slippy story
More interviews and crowd interaction
Restart at 12:34 – straight into:
Track 3 – Two Months Off – Karl says ‘from Dark to Light’. Lots of interaction at the start between Karl and Rick –then glorious chords. Karl looks euphoric
Claps and break at 12:42
Track 4 – Scribble – Karl says ‘well into the light’ as the lights change from stark blue white to Balearic sunset gold. Different (deeper) undercurrent of the high techno drum – like its remastered ;-) Think I’m gonna cry- so euphoric. Different more ambient mid section, then back into the beat.
Claps and break at 12:48
Karl mentions Darren Price “the man in black”
Track 4 Born Slippy NUXX Karl starts with All Together Now, All Together Now” in a Cockney Accent. A more traditional start than normally live. Almost the original, so as not to catch the audience out. Crowd goes wild at first breakdown keyboards. Is THIS the culmination of 20 years – many more if you go back to Freur ? Not a massive BS NUXX fan, but this is rather nice. Drums come on at the end – will they last ? Yes, certainly beyond the radio edit fade. Some new improv sounds – wonderful proper NUXX ! Dusty in here again !
Claps at 12.57 and massive white lights.
Lauren Laverne thanks the boys – Karl talks about Live, Rick and ‘that Herbert over there’ (Darren Price waves back !)
Gentlemen of a certain age are in the crowd - you know who you are - lucky gits !
Karl mentions they have been recording again as Underworld !!! FMS. Rick agrees with much nodding
Lauren finishes at 13:01
Track 5 – Cowgirl to crowd cheers – more heavily vocoded Karl, sounds like he’s singing over himself due to the reverb. This is quite a standard version so far. Lots of crowd cheers in the breakdown. Better, deeper ending bass. Echo finish.
Claps at 13:08
Karl talks to the crowd.
Track 6 - sounds like the last, brothers and sisters. Jumbo with deep bass. Deffo a new / remastered sound – sonically much more precise. Iike Scribble. The single note refrains are more echo laden, more of a lament, with less twang at the end. It goes euphoric at the end and Karl smiles, eyes shut. More keyboard end than normal. Karl sings over his pre recorded lyrics. Hush from the crowd, Karl sighs then the crowd goes wild
Claps at 13:17
Karl thanks Richard and “the other bloke”
Lauren Laverne speaks to thank Underworld -UW did 20 minutes more than they were supposed to !
Bring on London