Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:00 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Re: Dis RMX Is Teh SUX0R (AKA: I Don't Wanna Rock DJ)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j View Post
Well, there's only 2 UW remixes I actually like - one is the Salt City version of Cups, and the other is something called Jumbo (Deep Dish remix), and it's 4:25. I got that one off some file sharing program ages ago and still don't know where it comes from. It's not the one on the Jumbo single (at least, not from the boxset). Does anyone know where it's from and who did it? It's seriously fantastic....
The Jumbo remix you speak of is from Deep Dish's mix CD called Yoshiesque, and it is just the first half of 'Rob Rives and Francois K Main Dish' of Jumbo. It's track 17 of CD 1. On track 16 of said CD, the last minute of that song is the 'outro' of the Jumbo remix.

Jason
Old 04-15-2008, 05:29 AM
cacophony
disquietude

i didn't know i was supposed to hate all of the remixes. i guess i'm not a l33t fan.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:47 AM
mondokat
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony View Post
i didn't know i was supposed to hate all of the remixes. i guess i'm not a l33t fan.
lol! I think the deal here is that for a lot of us Underworld is our favorite band and when a different band remixes an UW song, it becomes more like the other band than UW, so obviously we'd like it less.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:45 PM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondokat View Post
lol! I think the deal here is that for a lot of us Underworld is our favorite band and when a different band remixes an UW song, it becomes more like the other band than UW, so obviously we'd like it less.
I think that's just true of remixes in general. I have a lot of remix CDs and there's usually like one or two good ones apiece.