Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Techno_Bunny
born012

fraude at kartenhaus-> underworldtickets
Important message for every one who bought tickets for the Underworldgigs in Germany through http://www.kartenhaus.de/. There has been a major fraude, creditscardinformation has been stolen, it concerns dates from October 2006 till September 30 2007.
Please check your emails, if you have received an email from kartenhaus about this, and check with your creditcard service if there have been any activities, payments made, that you didn't know about!

66.000 people ... German link here: thanks to Lloyd: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/96953/from/rss09

My friend Basz may loose thousands, the frauds tried something at ebay, 5 times 15.000 dollars.
Please check if you're ok!

Old 10-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Jan
vision

Re: fraude at kartenhaus-> underworldtickets
oh shit! Thanks for the heads-up!
I've just checked my emails and they say my creditcard info has been stolen.
uw#0523
Old 10-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Techno_Bunny
born012

Ow man, so sorry to read that!
Best thing you can do now is block your creditcard asap, and contact your creditcardservice, i know VISA has a fraud team. Contact the bank, all that.
This is huge.
See if you have mail from ebay, too.
I so hope things will be ok for you and all the other people that are in trouble cause of this.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:41 AM
m.g.
teh n00b

Fuck!!!... I also received this email (in german, though... which I don't understand...), just checked my bank account & nothing's "wrong" 'til now...
I think I'll block my credit card... (just to sleep quietly tonight)
Old 10-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Techno_Bunny
born012

MG, make sure you contact your creditcardservice too to see if some one has made any transactions with your card, it usually takes a while before you'll notice on your bankaccount!
Old 10-04-2007, 03:45 PM
GoatSucker
GoatSuckerLive.com

Just got an email from them as well. Bollocks!
Just phoned to cancel my card - nothings been taken, but it's going to be another week before I get a replacement, and I'm going away at the weekend. Grrrr!
Old 10-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Basz
river

Just got of the phone with my creditcard-company. They took on Oct. 2 more than € 900,- in illigal transactions. And a lot that were blocked.
They made some more Oct. 3.
Luckily you're insured as long as these transactions are done without a pincode.

But be ware! The card-information from 66.000 people are stolen. So if they didn't use your card yet, they might use it in the future. So I would advise evryone who got a mail from Kartenhaus that they block their card and apply for a new one.
That will only cost a week and this fraude will take more time till it's solved.
It's up to you, but better safe than sorry.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:54 AM
m.g.
teh n00b

I sent an email to Kartenhaus yesterday evening as I'd like to have an English translation of what they sent me (didn't have any answer yet).

Apparently, Kartenhaus is the German branch of a bigger company called Tickemaster, which was already hacked few times in the past... so... even if my bank account is still "untouched" by anything unwanted, I just blocked my credit card.

This kind of things really sucks... but, hey, this is only the "dark side" of the internet (which is still having plenty of shiny sides...)
Old 10-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Techno_Bunny
born012

Bump, cause this is important
Old 10-05-2007, 10:58 AM
mark3
pants

I got the same email yesterday - luckily I understand German. Blocked my card immediately and applied for a new one today

No suspicious transactions, though I need to keep an eye on my account for the next week. Bastards!