Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

  Dirty Forums > headset.

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-30-2005, 06:57 PM
gambit
magic city writer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: not where I want to be
Posts: 807
A Chem. Bros. question
Why the hell is some of their best stuff lately relegated to singles and not their albums? "The Golden Path" and "Get Yourself High" are great tracks, and yet they didn't appear on Push the Button, and now I have the Boxer single, and it has "Giant" and "Spring," which are 10 times better than "Left Right" and "Close Your Eyes." What the hell? This is some damn good stuff, and they're not putting it out on their albums.

(Also, I LOVE the DFA remix of "The Boxer." Highly recommend it to all Chem. Bros. and DFA fans.)
__________________
Read my webcomic, Magic City.
  #2  
Old 12-30-2005, 07:39 PM
adam
blue
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 873
Re: A Chem. Bros. question
I loved Get Yourself High, myself. Also Switches Rely on Rub mix.

As for "The Golden Path," funny story there. I had downloaded the video, and watched it a few times, liking the video more than a song. Then I ran into Scott Warner in a dream, and we started singing the "please forgive me," bit together. Only time I've ever dreamed of a dirt.

That same day, I saw the single in a record store, and the dream sprang back into mind, and I thought, "What the hell." Loved it ever since.
__________________
everybody makes mistakes...but i feel alright when i come undone
  #3  
Old 12-30-2005, 09:21 PM
gambit
magic city writer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: not where I want to be
Posts: 807
Re: A Chem. Bros. question
You two weren't holding hands and swinging around in each other's arms were you?
__________________
Read my webcomic, Magic City.
  #4  
Old 12-31-2005, 01:10 AM
ACIDCHILDREN
river
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3
Re: A Chem. Bros. question
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit
Why the hell is some of their best stuff lately relegated to singles and not their albums? "The Golden Path" and "Get Yourself High" are great tracks, and yet they didn't appear on Push the Button, and now I have the Boxer single, and it has "Giant" and "Spring," which are 10 times better than "Left Right" and "Close Your Eyes." What the hell? This is some damn good stuff, and they're not putting it out on their albums.
The simple reason why these do not appear on PTB is because they were part the the transition era when the Singles 93-03 was released. Ed and Tom wanted the singles to include some new tracks but at this point were not ready to release a compleate brand new album. The singles was a good point in there career to reflect on the past and show a bit of what good stuff is to come. Personally I love GYH its one of there best live tracks.

PTB is a very diverse album and Ed and Tom wanted this to show that they do not just write club music that appeals to a small group, instead writeing an album with lots of different styles with cool guests such as Tim Burgess in the boxer and the then up and coming Magic Numbers in the delightfull Close Your Eyes. My fave tracks on PTB include Come Inside, The Big Jump, Left Right and Surface To Air.

But if your looking for a more underground chems album its gonna be worth checking out there next rumored project which will be a darker album with lots of dirty club music. They have also been playing two new tracks in there live sets recentally which could be part of the electronic battle weapon series.

Also worth checking out is Live 05 download that includes tracks from this year. Or if your really up for it then there playing tonight at turnmills(Im going!).
  #5  
Old 12-31-2005, 02:46 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Czech Rep. Charles University, Prague
Posts: 1,201
Re: A Chem. Bros. question
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIDCHILDREN
They have also been playing two new tracks in there live sets recentally which could be part of the electronic battle weapon series.
EBW 8 and 9?
Is Acid Children the same as EBW 7?
__________________
Piece:HongKong3,Catalogue0467,Barking434,Dog0312

Last edited by undarrenworld; 12-31-2005 at 02:49 AM.
  #6  
Old 12-31-2005, 03:18 AM
Leon
bungalow
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,231
Re: A Chem. Bros. question
Acid Children is the best thing anyone has ever done. When the Chem's played this at the HMH in Holland I went fucking nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck yeah!

Get Yourself High is really cool too. Vocals/rap comes from K-Os, which has some nice stuff too. Check his album Joyfull Rebellion out. it's not all good, but there sure are some cool tunes on it.
  #7  
Old 12-31-2005, 04:51 PM
gambit
magic city writer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: not where I want to be
Posts: 807
Re: A Chem. Bros. question
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACIDCHILDREN
The simple reason why these do not appear on PTB is because they were part the the transition era when the Singles 93-03 was released. Ed and Tom wanted the singles to include some new tracks but at this point were not ready to release a compleate brand new album. The singles was a good point in there career to reflect on the past and show a bit of what good stuff is to come. Personally I love GYH its one of there best live tracks.

PTB is a very diverse album and Ed and Tom wanted this to show that they do not just write club music that appeals to a small group, instead writeing an album with lots of different styles with cool guests such as Tim Burgess in the boxer and the then up and coming Magic Numbers in the delightfull Close Your Eyes. My fave tracks on PTB include Come Inside, The Big Jump, Left Right and Surface To Air.

But if your looking for a more underground chems album its gonna be worth checking out there next rumored project which will be a darker album with lots of dirty club music. They have also been playing two new tracks in there live sets recentally which could be part of the electronic battle weapon series.

Also worth checking out is Live 05 download that includes tracks from this year. Or if your really up for it then there playing tonight at turnmills(Im going!).
Nice response. You don't happen to work for Astralwerks, do you?
__________________
Read my webcomic, Magic City.
  #8  
Old 12-31-2005, 08:40 PM
IsiliRunite
de la Michigan
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 536
Send a message via AIM to IsiliRunite
Re: A Chem. Bros. question
Muh finger, is ahn the button.

Because, singles sell. Born Slippy, anyonE?
  #9  
Old 01-01-2006, 10:03 AM
ACIDCHILDREN
river
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3
Re: A Chem. Bros. question
Quote:
Originally Posted by undarrenworld
EBW 8 and 9?
Is Acid Children the same as EBW 7?

Yeah I think EBW8 is on the way in the form of a tribal electro acid monster. Tom and Ed dropped it last night and its really good. Acid children is the same as EBW7 yes. Had a brief chat with Ed and I think the track is nearly finnished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit
Nice response. You don't happen to work for Astralwerks, do you?
I wish! Na Im just a hardcore fan! Go to alot of there shows and use there forum lots.

It seems very good on this forum, Chems fans and Underworld fans seem to get on well. I think the Chems and there fans have alot of respect for underworld. On the jaxx and prodigy forum no one seems to dig the chems. Im cant wait to see Underworld again soon!
  #10  
Old 01-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Sofia458
river
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2
Better
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit

(Also, I LOVE the DFA remix of "The Boxer.
I've got better examples to why "remix" is not the topic here.





paypal gambling - free online casino chips
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.