Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2009, 03:51 PM
cacophony
disquietude

election in iran
poor world forum. i can remember a time when there would already be a 7 page thread on this.

i thought this video was amazing:

the page i found this on had this description:

Quote:
On the rooftops in Tehran, people sounding out into the night “God is Great,” the same chant that sparked the revolution in 1979, only now with a decidedly different subtext.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:52 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Re: election in iran
It's, like, America 2004.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

oh yeah jOHN? and how is it like america 2004? because they are both election years? for presidents? breathtakingly astute. maybe bother yourself to see some of the differences, eh?

such as...

these twitters
  1. Hospitals around Tehran surrounded by secret police who refuse to let people with injuries get through, humanity at its worst #iranelectionabout 1 hour ago from web
  2. Hospitals around Tehran are surrounded by security forces who refuse to let those with injuries pass, humanity at its worst #iranelectionabout 1 hour ago from web
  3. Friend: 17 y/o killed infront of me couldn't get to him in time guards beating us up went to hospital but he stopped moving #iranelectionabout 1 hour ago from web
  4. RT @mousavi1388 Mousavi asks his supporters to protest throughout Iran from 4pm on Monday (in Tehran Enghelab Sq. to Azadi Sq.)#IranElectionabout 1 hour ago from web
  5. RT @dailydish: Is This Where We're Headed?: A photo of a student beaten by police in Shiraz. http://tinyurl.com/mxdue3about 1 hour ago from web
  6. Unconf.: Mousavi is in hiding in Karaj, can anyone confirm this? #iranelection #mousaviabout 1 hour ago from web
“[We] are still safe, but to tell you the truth, all of us are feeling sick of what we have to see on streets these days. This afternoon, [we] saw five policemen attack a middle age lady. They beat her brutally, with no mercy. She tried to escape with her young daughter but they got her. I stopped and tried to help her, but three men in civilian clothes attacked my car, and I had to drive away because [my daughter] was with me. Tonight, people shouted “Allah o Akabar” from their roof tops, but hundreds of police forces on bikes swept the streets and marked houses from which they could hear voices.

[COLOR=#00BF00]My Father has a truck load of ballot boxes that were to be burned in the back of his truck.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]
i eats some pills and wanna sleep and i scared that if they can find me ...i going...thx for your supports....
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]
typing as fastest as I can in bth English&Farsi,Still we need outside help,I really don't want to be captured by Ansar
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]Once again I thank everyone in the world. No matter if Ahmadi stays or not, I'm proud to have clasped such supportive hands.

URGENT JUST IN, there r TANKS in front of the interior ministry of tehran in valiasr st. & fatemi CAREFUL
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]
I can't find my friends on streets.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]Rasht, glass splinters on the streets, riot police not hesitating to beat men, women and even kids[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]From Enghelab Sq friend just call me, Police & unknown forces beating everybody for no apparent reason![/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]Correction, no bus burned, but three cars.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]dawn is breaking. can hear prayers from mosques. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]cousin in tehran is traumatized by the club and baton beatings on tehran streets. eyewitness report of a girl beaten to death.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]IRG's helicopter flying low on yousefabadad Amirabad Gisha right now creating a devastating sound and making windows shake[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]sources from Tehran: ppl are killed, ppl are in blood, tehran is hell.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]We witnessed police spraying pepper gas into the eyes of peaceful female protesters[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]We are here in the dark, all kinds of rumors fly by; nothing is sure.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#00BF00]IRIB TV warned people seriously about going to tomorrow's rally, mobile network might be down for tomorrow's rally. [/COLOR]

- Mark Twain

Old 06-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

more police brutality

meanwhile, right now cnn has been doing two hours of relooping an EXCLUSIVE!!!! 2008 larry king interview with ahmadinijad. like who gives a fuck?

- Mark Twain

Old 06-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

why does none of this suprise me
Old 06-15-2009, 08:50 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangelet View Post
oh yeah jOHN? and how is it like america 2004?

It's like America 2004 in regards to who voted who into office. It's not rocket science, Strangelet.

It's like America 2004, with the economy tanking, but the ultra-conservative side keeps singing, "Here we come to save the day."

I can do some more it you'd like.

Shall we get into the America style of voilence? And I'm not talking about the war in Iraqi.

Last edited by jOHN rODRIGUEZ; 06-15-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:00 PM
cacophony
disquietude

ugh. an empty glib response to a serious issue.

there's such an immediacy and urgency to the situation as read on twitter and viewed on youtube. big media is right to be scared of the internet. if left to their glossy-haired, glossy-faced coverage we might just blow it off as yet another conflict in a part of the world we're none too fond of.

the tweets and the video uploads, though, humanize it. people are angry and suffering and the distance between us and them feels like it's shrunk from miles to inches.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:37 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony View Post
ugh. an empty glib response to a serious issue.

there's such an immediacy and urgency to the situation as read on twitter and viewed on youtube. big media is right to be scared of the internet. if left to their glossy-haired, glossy-faced coverage we might just blow it off as yet another conflict in a part of the world we're none too fond of.

the tweets and the video uploads, though, humanize it. people are angry and suffering and the distance between us and them feels like it's shrunk from miles to inches.
Mine or Strangelet's?

Old 06-16-2009, 06:07 AM
cacophony
disquietude

you can help.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:48 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Linky not working, Cacophony...

I was looking for other youtubes and there seems to be a large number that have been removed/blocked. One thing is for sure - Ahmadinejad's days are numbered after this. Whatever the outcome, a government that will attack its own people in this way cannot hold a mandate for long.