Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Jan
vision

Re: Tonite's broadcast - London Part 2 Oct 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron5000
Why are some clips permitted and others not? This is absurd. It would seem to me that it would fall into place of past streams that have been linked on this forum many times. One of these times it was a live vid/audio cast from lemonworld, and it was posted with a .cue to be able to split the files into individual tracks. Is it really hard to believe that some other stream that has gone through underworldlive has been asked for?
Sometimes things gets posted and are tolerated by the moderators. If one wants more, then Stimpee refers to RTSR. I agree that this is confusing. And then, things get posted because this is confusing. Stimpee refers to RTSR... and so on.

So the 'rules' are: Some 'teasers' are allowed. For more, visit RTSR. To resolve the confusion I suggest the moderators make a sticky.

I know the situation from when I was a new member. Why was talking about bootlegs not allowed on dirty.org? Instead there was RTSR which was strange and ambiguous because no one really talked about it. And then look at http://rtsr.rowla.com/, it's like 5 years old, lists "snail-mail" with CD-R's as the method to share bootlegs, and no links work anymore. And I hate mailing lists. They are so inconvenient and not-forum-like. I also hate yahoo. I had to make a yahoo account just for RTSR. That sucked.
Once in RTSR the real confusion started: What is the FTP? Where is that tracker everyone talked about? And why does no one use "snail mail" to share bootlegs anymore?
I suggest rebuilding RTSR from scratch as a proper forum and with more up-to-date information for newbies. Or why not make it a non-public dirty subforum 'RTSR' which only members with like 10+ posts have access to? I hope that those points are taken as constructive critisism and not as whining/nagging.

The lemonworld broadcast you are talking about was probably this one. It was posted on underworldlive.com as a direct link.

Maybe the mods can split the bootleg discussion from the rest of the thread and make a new one.
uw#0523
Old 10-20-2007, 04:41 PM
aaron5000
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
I suggest rebuilding RTSR from scratch as a proper forum and with more up-to-date information for newbies. Or why not make it a non-public dirty subforum 'RTSR' which only members with like 10+ posts have access to? I hope that those points are taken as constructive critisism and not as whining/nagging.
Agreed. It would be nice.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Jan
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman
it was a streamed file.
you'd have to go into the source code, make the mov a link, download, and convert to mp3.

lots of people wouldnt bother.
From my point of view the files like Phonestrap, Autotrader are offered for download. They are links, and that is probably Underworld's intention even if the packaging as *.mov file is like a stream. They probably have nothing against it if we load them on our DAPs.

On the other side look at the Crocodile videos. They are not the same format. They are pure streams which are harder to rip and thus are probably not intended to download. UW could have made them similar files to the files above but they chose to offer them only as streams. That makes sense, considering the Crocodile vid is on the DVD and the Alligator version is an "underworldlive.com" exclusive.

The concert web-streams (Cocoon, London) where the hardest to rip. I didn't manage to rip them, the only possibility I found were screenrecorders. In this case, I assume that Underworld don't want us to download them, because they probably want us to have a one-time "concert-like" multimedia experience.

Of course all those points are assumptions. You may have a different opinion, or my opinion may not be the same than that of the band.

Quote:
and if this broadcast were so damn hard to rip then how did one out of the few who would be motivated enough to do it figure it out.
There is nothing truly unrippable. You can circumvent copy protections on CDs, DVD, HDDVDs, Bluray, DRM-protected music downloads, video downloads... etc. There is always somebody who will get around that crap and then use the stuff he paid for like he wants. (which is a good thing IMO)
I don't know how TheBang did this. Maybe screencapturing. If he got the real stream then kudos to him.

Quote:
again, this broadcast is not ever going to be for sale, it was transmitted in streaming quality, it in no way could be sold for money, so it's not ripping off of anything
If this is gonna be released somewhere, here or on RTSR, the audio has to be stripped as this is, because it was commercially released, "ripping off" and "stepping beyond the line".
Then you'll get just the video stream and must mux it with the audio from your legitimate CD copy bought from liveherenow. Sounds fun.

And I really hope they will release this as an official download or something. I would buy this thing as soon as they released it. A DVD would be nice, too. The demand is there.
uw#0523
Old 10-20-2007, 05:20 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
it was a streamed file.
you'd have to go into the source code, make the mov a link, download, and convert to mp3.
For these London QuickTime broadcasts? No, thank you for playing, try again.

My personal feelings on this issue are similar to Jan's. Small clips, YouTubes, etc, are fine for here. When you start talking about whole shows, take it to RTSR. And yeah, RTSR would be easier to use with a forum rather than a mailing list.

Last edited by TheBang; 10-20-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:45 AM
ndrwrld
blue

so, did anyone record Fridays set ?

oops...wednesday or thursdays ?
please PM me, anyone, if there is a recording of thursdays gig, as i hear they played KITTENS, and i must have.
i will pay for cd / shipping.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:31 AM
gaborez
everythingeverythingevery

well, you can buy it from here:

http://www.liveherenow.co.uk/artist/underworld/

Old 10-22-2007, 04:45 AM
Techno_Bunny
born012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrwrld
so, did anyone record Fridays set ?

oops...wednesday or thursdays ?
[COLOR=Indigo]that is just so sick... [/COLOR]
Old 10-22-2007, 04:55 AM
ndrwrld
blue

i didnt mean the audio...i meant the video broadcast.
come on now...
im all over the purchasing of the audio cd, but sadly as i was en route to the UK, i didnt get a chance to hear thursdays gig, nor see it, nor dream i was able to leave a day earlier to experience it.

youre right...very sick.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:07 AM
gaborez
everythingeverythingevery

soz - thought you meant audio
if i'd recorded it i'd deffo sort you out to make up for some of ya disappointment unfortunately i was at the gig

get well soon underworld people (we should have an official get well soon thread) and to all the dirts that are disappointed - hope we can hook up for a gig in 2008. i really hope we can all fly to toronto mate
Old 10-22-2007, 05:14 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Look, I didnt want to open a can of worms with this but these forums, official or not have never been the place to distribute any gig recordings and it doesnt start now. I'm talking about complete gigs here. I'm not complaining at all about clips. What I was trying to say wasnt intended to stop you; more to say that a place more suited to these discussions is RTSR. Its always been that way. What Todd says, and what Jan touched on I wholeheartedly agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang
My personal feelings on this issue are similar to Jan's. Small clips, YouTubes, etc, are fine for here. When you start talking about whole shows, take it to RTSR. And yeah, RTSR would be easier to use with a forum rather than a mailing list.
Sorry for the confusion.

Jan: I agree that RTSR needs an overhaul, and the page at rtsr.rowla.com is old. However, the overview there is still pretty valid, and the yahoo group is still very active. You don't need a yahoo address anymore though, and there is a torrent tracker for large FLACs as well as an FTP for the smaller mp3 files.