mouseman

Re: fraude at kartenhaus-> underworldtickets
Should be stickied.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Techno_Bunny
born012

I agree.
Hopefully most people concerned have read it by now.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:33 AM
sanakan
junkie-criminal-fugitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.g.
I sent an email to Kartenhaus yesterday evening as I'd like to have an English translation of what they sent me (didn't have any answer yet).
post the contents of the email here (and obviously remove personal data), and i (and i guess jan, too) will be happy to translate it to english.

(i could try french, too, but my french sucks :'))
Old 10-07-2007, 05:00 AM
m.g.
teh n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanakan
post the contents of the email here (and obviously remove personal data), and i (and i guess jan, too) will be happy to translate it to english.
Thanks for the offer. Btw, they replied, still in German, so... It's not anymore a problem for as I blocked my credit card the next day, but your translation might be usefull for some other kartenhaus users.

1st mail was entitled "Wichtige Mitteilung von Kartenhaus"

Sehr geehrter Kartenhaus-Kundin, sehr geehrter Kartenhaus-Kunde,
wir möchten Sie darüber informieren, dass wir vor kurzem entdeckt haben, dass Kartenhaus Opfer eines rechtswidrigen Angriffs auf seine Internetseite www.kartenhaus.de wurde. Durch diesen Angriff hat ein unbekannter Täter einige Ihrer persönlichen Informationen gestohlen. Wir haben leider Grund zu der Annahme, dass Ihre Kreditkarteninformationen, einschließlich der Rechnungsanschrift für Ihre Karte mit der Endnummer XXXX gestohlen wurden.
Wir empfehlen Ihnen, Ihre Kreditkartenabrechnung so bald wie möglich zu prüfen, um mögliche betrügerische Geschäftsvorgänge zu identifizieren. Auch in der nahen Zukunft sollten Sie Ihre Abrechnungen weiterhin auf betrügerische Geschäftsvorgänge hin überprüfen. Bitte erwägen Sie auch, mit Ihrem Kreditkartenunternehmen Kontakt aufzunehmen und andere geeignete Maßnahmen zu treffen, die Ihr Kreditkartenunternehmen Ihnen gegebenenfalls empfiehlt.
Wir haben bereits und werden auch weiterhin alle uns zur Verfügung stehenden Maßnahmen ergreifen, um Ihre persönlichen Informationen zu schützen und einen weiteren unbefugten Zugriff zu verhindern. Sofort nach Kenntniserlangung von dem Diebstahl haben wir ein Team von Experten aus den Bereichen Technologie, Kreditkarten und Sicherheit eingesetzt, das mit der Lösung des Problems betraut ist. Wir arbeiten außerdem mit den zuständigen Strafverfolgungsbehörden zusammen, um die für diese Straftat verantwortlichen Individuen zu ermitteln und dazu beizutragen, sie vor Gericht zu bringen.
Wir bedauern die Unannehmlichkeiten, die diese Sicherheitsverletzung bereitet, zutiefst und haben Verständnis dafür, wenn unglückselige, kriminelle Aktivitäten wie diese Sie sogar dazu veranlassen sollten, es sich zweimal zu überlegen, bevor Sie Ihre nächsten Karten über Kartenhaus beziehen. Wir versprechen Ihnen, dass wir auch weiterhin hart daran arbeiten werden, uns als vertrauenswürdiger Kartenanbieter zu erweisen, für den Sicherheit an erster Stelle steht.
Wir schätzen Ihr Unternehmen sehr. Sollten Sie weitere Fragen haben, schreiben Sie uns bitte eine Email an kreditkartenhilfe@kartenhaus.de.

Answer was :

Häufig gestellte Fragen (FAQ)

Q: Ist die E-Mail, die ich von Kartenhaus in Bezug auf die Attacke der Website www.kartenhaus.de erhalten habe, wirklich von Kartenhaus?

A: Ja. Die Website von Kartenhaus wurde von Unbekannten attackiert. Weil wir unsere Kunden so früh wie möglich darüber informieren wollten, haben wir an alle betroffenen Kunden eine kurze E-Mail geschickt.

Q: Sind meine Banktransaktionen von dieser Attacke ebenfalls betroffen?

A: Nein, nur Kreditkarteninformationen, die bei vorangegangenen Bezahlungen auf der Website von Kartenhaus verwendet wurden, sind betroffen.

Q. Sind alle Kreditkartenzahlungen betroffen?

A: Nein, nur Kreditkarteninformationen, die bei vorangegangenen Bezahlungen auf der Website von Kartenhaus verwendet wurden, sind betroffen von der Attacke. Banktransaktionen und Käufe über Ticketmaster.de sind nicht betroffen. Kreditkarten, die nur für den Kauf von Eintrittskarten für Hertha BSC, HSV Handball und die Eisbären Berlin benutzt wurden, sind nicht betroffen.

Q: Soll ich meine Kreditkarte sperren lassen?

A. Kontaktieren Sie bitte Ihre zuständige Bank für das richtige Vorgehen in Ihrem Fall.

Q. Was kann ich machen, wenn ich mich entscheide, meine Kreditkarte sperren zu lassen oder eine neue beantrage und mir deswegen Kosten entstehen?

A: Wenn Sie Ihre Kreditkarte sperren lassen, verweisen Sie bitte Ihre Bank auf die Attacke auf die Website von Kartenhaus. Falls Ihre Bank für die Sperrung eine Gebühr berechnet, senden Sie bitte einen Beleg an Kartenhaus. Wir werden uns dann mit Ihrer Bank in Verbindung setzen, damit Ihnen die Gebühr erstattet wird.

Q. Können Sie meine persönlichen Daten löschen?

A: Wenn Sie die Löschung Ihrer Daten beantragt haben, veranlassen wir dies.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:20 AM
sanakan
junkie-criminal-fugitive

ok, here you go.
please exuse the bumpy style of writing, but i tried to stay as close to the german text as possible.
also note that this is my own translation, and that i won't be reliable for any actions you'll may execute, promped by this text. (got to protect myself there )

first mail:
Quote:
subject: "important message from kartenhaus"

Dear customer,
We'd like to inform you that we recently discovered that Kartenhaus was the victim of an illegal attack on its website www.kartenhaus.de. With this attack an unknown culprit stole some of your personal data. Alas we have reason to think that your credit-card data, including the billing address for your card with last digits XXXX were stolen.
We advise you to check your credit-card bill as soon as possible to identify possible fraudulent transactions. You should continue to check your credit-card bill for fraudulent transactions in the near future. Please also concider to contact your credit-card company to take additional measures, that your credit-card company advises.
We already have, and continue to take all measures at our disposal to guard your personal data, and to prevent future illicit access. Immediately after gaining knowledge of the theft, we appointed a team of experts from areas as technology, credit-card and security which is assigned with the solution of the problem. Additionaly we work together with the responsible law enforcement agency to investigate the liable individuals of this offense, and to contribute to bringing them to trial.
We deeply apologise for the trouble caused by this breach of security and we understand if unfortunate, criminal activities like this should even cause you to think twice before obtaining your next tickets through Kartenhaus. We promise to you that we'll continue to work hard to prove that we're a trustworthy ticket vendor, for which your security has top priority.
We hold your business in high regard. Should you have any further questions, please send us an email to kreditkartenhilfe@kartenhaus.de.
second mail, the answer:
Quote:
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Q: Is the email I recieved from Kartenhaus concearning the attack on www.kartenhaus.de really from Kartenhaus?
A: Yes. The website of Kartenhaus was attacked by unknowns. Because we wanted to inform our customers as soon as possible, we sent a short email to all affected customers.

Q: Are my bank transactions affected by this attack?
A: No, only credit-card data used in preceding payments on the Karthaus website is affected.

Q: Are all credit-card payments affected?
A: No, only credit-card data used in preceding payments on the Karthaus website is affected by the attack. Bank transactions and purchases over ticketmaster.de are not affected. Credit-cards used only for purchases of tickets for Hertha BSC, HSV Handball and the Eisbären Berlin, are not affected.

Q: Should i get my credit-card blocked?
A: Please contact your appropriate bank for the correct course of action

Q: What can i do if i decide to block my credit card, or to request a new one, and there are resulting costs of it?
A: If you're getting your credit-card blocked, please refer your bank to the attack on the website of Kartenhaus. If your bank charges a commission for the blocking, please send a receipt to Kartenhaus. We'll then get in touch with your bank so you'll be reimbursed for the commission.

Q: Can you delete my personal data?
A: If you requested the deletion of your personal data, we'll arrange for it to be done.

Last edited by sanakan; 10-07-2007 at 06:01 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:13 AM
m.g.
teh n00b

Merci beaucoup Sanakan for the translation... it's quite scary though, & I'm happy I blocked my CC