Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:29 PM
gambit
magic city writer

Re: The Simpsons - The Movie - 07.27.07
I don't think I've ever laughed this much in a movie. I mean genuine, gut-busting laughs. It felt a little odd, though, since I'm so used to watching a 22 minute Simpsons and not a 1.5 hour Simpsons, but it's still the Simpsons and filled with Simpsons humor. Hopefully, they'll bring Lisa's love interest for some fun in the tv show. The only thing that bothered me was that it felt like three episodes strung together with some not-for-tv things thrown into it. I don't know.

Whatever. It was hilarious. You'll enjoy yourself, guaranteed.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:19 AM
Jafs
Tells

This movie was really funny, a real step forward compared with the weak last seasons of the series !
Old 07-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

The movie was great to me as well. I liked the pacing as well, which has already been mentioned here. The sight gags worked great. The theatre I saw it in was packed full.

Definitely will have to check out again.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Kennrr
mouseman

saw it yesterday and loved it. i'm actually suprised how good it was, couldn't ask for more.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:05 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Saw this tonight. Mixed feelings about it. I thought it really started out strong for the first 30-40 minutes. I was laughing my ass off and really enjoying it. But once it got a little serious and the focus was off of Springfield I felt myself lose interest fast and I actually started nodding off. I woke up here and there near the end (usually when something loud happened) but most of the time I was snoozing away. Ugh.
At least I'll have some stuff to look forward to the next time I see it, and I'll make sure I'm not tired beforehand.

Lots of good reasons to check this out, even if it is a little dry in the middle.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:15 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Saw it last night...very very well written and funnier than expeced givn the rather lame self parody that the sow has become in the past several seasons. You're right in that the pace drops a lot when they leave town, but it's an enjoyable story with all the favorite characters and smart jabs.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Flux
My peanuts. Now less salt

Send a message via AIM to Flux Send a message via MSN to Flux Send a message via Yahoo to Flux
im actually quite surprised as to how much i didn't enjoy it. I feel that it was the success of the thirty minute format that was the main cause of my distaste: the fast paced, mini-story-laden style fueled my ADD. In comparison the movie, just seemed like a series of one-liners tied together by a flimsy plot(s) and a sprinkle of pathetic new characters.

***** SOME SPOILERS BELOW *****

The movie didn't try to do anything different, and its not just in its themes but also in format. The flow from toxic lake to Bart needing a father to Spider Pig to Lisa's romance to Marge's marriage saving resolution... it's all been done in one form or another, and all can be easily done in its short 30 minute format (20 mins sans commercials). So how did they extend 30 minutes of plot into an hour plus? Jokes (most of them funny) and movie firsts (Bart's penis? Really? That's the catch?). Overall a souless effort supported by millions in advertising and cross marketing promos, and thankfully so since the only aspect of the Simpson's movie I ended up enjoying was the 7-11 squishy.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:58 PM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
im actually quite surprised as to how much i didn't enjoy it.
Agreed. It was like three TV episodes, loosely connected by weak plots. Some jokes were really funny, but on the whole it didn't have that special "movie feel" about it. Entertaining for a night out at the movies, but also disappointing.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:54 PM
supersonicsooty
dubnobasswithmyheadman

Send a message via MSN to supersonicsooty Send a message via Yahoo to supersonicsooty
I went to see it last week and it was a bit dissapointing to say the least, I agree with the weak plot, although the Homer and Bart scooting round the dome trying to throw the bomb out kept me riveted, (it was the only part of the film I paid interest too!). And the 12 eyed squirrel was a liiiitle bit scary. It sure freaked out some of the kids in the cinema, which was most amusing.