Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-17-2019, 08:23 AM
Mike
born013

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu View Post
My code doesn't actually work however, so I'm going to drop UWlive an email and see what's happening there.
Same here
Old 11-17-2019, 11:20 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Someone on Discogs got this reply:
Quote:
Hi - thank you for contacting us.

I am very sorry but there has been a delay in us obtaining the audio for this title from the record label. We hope to receive it in the next few days. You will be able to validate a unique code and download the album once it becomes available.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the wait.

Kind regards
Support"
That’s a good sign to me, because obviously there shouldn’t be a delay if it were just the box set audio.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:20 AM
whatmakesustick

I have also noticed that there is no mention of Pricey in the liner notes (unless I just missed them). I thought that he was still working with Underworld a few days a week, so I expected to have had some kind of engineering/production input to the Drift series. Maybe he is work on the live set up....
Old 11-17-2019, 11:38 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Ok another question for those with the box in-hand. Is it Seven Drone Music or Seven Music Drone?
Old 11-17-2019, 12:16 PM
negative1

Ok, discogs has never been great at classifying things.

However, the whole Drift series is very messy.

So, are each of the series releases also albums.
Then there's the sampler, which is an album, but is still classified as a sampler.

Then the boxset, which is also under albums, and not a compilation.

And some of the single drift tracks are also under albums, and not singles.

It's hard to locate which tracks are classified as what.

later
Old 11-17-2019, 12:16 PM
whatmakesustick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Ok another question for those with the box in-hand. Is it Seven Drone Music or Seven Music Drone?
Seven Music Drone
Old 11-17-2019, 12:25 PM
whatmakesustick

Does anyone else with the box set have that strange paper (semi) glued to the back - with the track listing on it. It's only glued to the box in two places and it already detaching and will get damaged over time - removing in means having to remove the glue from the box without damaging it. Odd.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:11 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Thanks. You got your box already? How did yours ship? Mine was sent by UPS Economy DDP, and it hasn't even been scanned at the carrier yet.
Yeah I was a bit shocked. Thought it’d take a week, week and a half but it got here through DHL in three days (!)
#483. Cat’s already stepped on the autographed sheet as I was flipping through the book.
The backing is easy enough to remove without damaging the box, which is good because the looseness of it makes it instantly irritating. The bad news is that it doesn’t fit inside of the box so I’m either going to have to permanently reapply it or... something else. The blank front is still kind of weird to look at. Like a printing error. I mean, I don’t miss the dog, but just a white slate like this?

Last edited by dubman; 11-17-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:14 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by negative1 View Post
Then there's the sampler, which is an album, but is still classified as a sampler.
Then the boxset, which is also under albums, and not a compilation.
In several interviews and press releases, UW have explicitly said that the Sampler is not an album, but a sampler. And that the box set is the album. So, those are classified correctly. The Box Set cannot be a compilation under Discogs rules because it contains previously unreleased material.

Quote:
So, are each of the series releases also albums.
And some of the single drift tracks are also under albums, and not singles.
So, UW have never explicitly classified the Episode releases. They never called them EPs or albums, so under the Discogs rules they cannot be tagged with either.

As for the sorting classifications on the Artist discography list, you're just going to have to ignore that. There are some arcane sorting algorithms in the Discogs code that automatically places certain releases in the Albums list (if they're not tagged as an Album) if they have a certain number of tracks and/or exceed a certain total duration. They've acknowledged that some of these algorithms are a bad idea, but at the moment, they have not made any changes to it. You should not make any changes with the goal to defeat the auto-sorting though, as those changes will just be reverted. It's best to just accept that it is currently flawed, but could be fixed in the future.

Quote:
It's hard to locate which tracks are classified as what.
You might find it easier to look at it from the Series page perspective. Every release has been tagged into the Drift series:

https://www.discogs.com/label/1552220-Drift-3
Old 11-17-2019, 01:53 PM
Flywaver
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmakesustick View Post
Does anyone else with the box set have that strange paper (semi) glued to the back - with the track listing on it. It's only glued to the box in two places and it already detaching and will get damaged over time - removing in means having to remove the glue from the box without damaging it. Odd.
Yes mine is the same and one side has already become unstuck. The boxset isn't perfect packaging. Plus the weird blank front and no Dog..Odd