Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:59 AM
cacophony
disquietude

Re: going broke on barking
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Obviously, I/we have no control over what appears on uwlive.com. But the ordering information has been posted several times on this forum and the Born Dirty news feed in an effort to get the information out. I don't know what more we can do.

...Yes, well, I spend a lot of time researching this information and updating it, and making sure it's accurate, and trying to disseminate it. So I hope you'll understand if I get a bit miffed when someone starts a new thread with inaccurate information which is then repeated ($40?!!) several times in the thread by other people.
i'm not saying you guys aren't doing a good job compiling information and making it available. the problem is that i just came back after several months of not visiting the forum and many of the stickied threads are so many pages long that i'd end up spending lots of time to find all of the posts that are relevant. if a thread starts back when the single is released and on page, say, 6 updated information is posted, i promise you i (and many people) will never find it.

my initial post was intended more as a question, because i don't have oodles of time in my day to go digging for info. and i don't have time to read through 15 pages of barking release discussion to find a nugget of information that, for all i know, may or may not be there. i went to UW live because that's all the band promotes these days, and what i found was a trip down currency conversion lane and an $84 price tag. i posted because i kept thinking, surely this can't be the only way to get my hands on this release. someone will know the answer.

if you're frustrated (understandably so) that you invest time and effort into researching and presenting helpful information, maybe consider closing sticky threads or making them mod/admin only so the updated information doesn't get lost in all of the discussion. or not, it's your site and you can run it however you want. i'm just saying that if your goal is to make information easily accessible and reduce some of the FAQ repetition of thread topics, closing stickies to prevent them from becoming unwieldy would help.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:38 PM
taoyoyo
cosmic jogger

I'm probably lucky as I managed to pre-order the 2CD/DVD Box through my old Amazon.co.uk account for $45. Okay, so I miss out on the autographed print and I won't get it until the end of the month but like Cacophony, cash is tight these days.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:02 AM
Bargo
pants

All through this thread there's talk of You Do Scribble (Abbey Road version) being itunes album-only but for the Australian store at least (where Barking was just released today) you can purchase it separately as an individual track. So there's some savings for you.

Last edited by Bargo; 09-10-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:21 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Nice. If you have an Australian credit card or gift card.

It's like that on Germany store too though (also released today). Sounds like it could be that way everywhere, once it goes off Pre-Order.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:26 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

what's bugged me is having been directed to the gig bundle edition at hmv first, i missed out (by not paying again) on the superdelux ltd edition. both of which were trailed here. briliant.

and now, of course, there's a chance just to win the thing for nothing...

in short - a fuck-up of a launch, which has only served to mess up those who shop first...
Old 09-12-2010, 02:18 AM
orangepants
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargo View Post
All through this thread there's talk of You Do Scribble (Abbey Road version) being itunes album-only but for the Australian store at least (where Barking was just released today) you can purchase it separately as an individual track. So there's some savings for you.
Fortunately it isn't iTunes-only on the UK store either and is available now
Old 09-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Sappys Curry
mouseman

I wish I didn't spend so much money on this album. It is a decent album that I like, but I bought the box set (okay, that is no problem and I'm glad I preordered it), but also, I spent nearly $40 for the JPN album with the bonus track, and I wish I hadn't. That is a high price for this album which I'm already getting in the box set, and Simple Peal is the same as Simple Peal 1, the song from the radio broadcasts. Oh well. At the least I gave Rick and Karl a good chunk of my change. I like to support music artists I like, and I like to support Underworld with my money more than any other music artist. Still, I could have done without getting the JPN album.