Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Strangelet
rico suave

More Impressive British Politicians

making the same arguments as ron paul, is this guy Danial Hannan. Once again, uk dirts welcome to fill me in on their take.

i mean wow....

- Mark Twain

Last edited by Strangelet; 04-01-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:37 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Re: More Impressive British Politicians
What's interesting about this is that the Beeb didn't report it at all!!!.... until he got more than a million hits on YouTube, in which case they realised that they were behind the zeitgeist and ought perhaps to at least comment on it.

Secondly, with our parliamentary system in the UK, one doesn't get the opportunity to stand up and berate another MP or Minister in this way - the Speaker of the House would be all over it like a rash if anyone did attempt it - so it is rare to see this happen.

I think it is kind of funny how Brown sat there smirking throughout the entire tirade. Been learning that from Dubya I guess.

What I did find irritating, though, is that this is a Tory MP and, if you look back through some of the comments on the YouTube vid, the BNP knuckle-draggers were out in force claiming him to be one of their own.

Idiotic though it may seem for me to get annoyed by something like that, how many people watching this vid - and there were a hell of a lot - would necessarily know who Daniel Hannan was? They might well believe he was a BNP member and use that as a justification for voting for those fascist assholes in the upcoming European Elections.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBurnout View Post
What I did find irritating, though, is that this is a Tory MP and, if you look back through some of the comments on the YouTube vid, the BNP knuckle-draggers were out in force claiming him to be one of their own.
yeah the nobs on this side of the drink have gotten wind of this as well so he's been on the corporate republican news circuit: hannity, beck, morning joe, etc. They all look uncomfortable when he explains he supported obama in the election but then are quick to cozy up to him when he starts to criticize the brown/obama bailout. I would have been even more impressed with this cat if he had actually said, look man, it was your stupid imperialism and corporate/government fascist model that started this mess.

but oh well. I guess the likes of hannity will come out of this economic bust looking like a folk hero, not the tool he's been for 8 years.

- Mark Twain

Old 04-02-2009, 01:27 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Imagine if I were there...

Old 04-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jOHN rODRIGUEZ View Post