Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2008, 09:22 PM
pafufta816
mouseman

Send a message via AIM to pafufta816
acid house, pop culture?
my brain is bubbling with ideas for a mixset telling the story of the contribution of acid house to pop music culture in general, in terms of compositional similarities and historic/cultural connections. moby, fatboy slim, big names, not really my favorite artists, but they show the extension of acid house and it's cultural developments, well into mediocre popular credibility (moby feat gwen stefani, fatboy slim's remix of groove armada, both tracks run into the ground on top 40 charts)....

but other names show more progressive developments, dependent on technology and it's creative possibilities, autchre, richard james, universal indictator, warp and rephlex records. these artists lying slightly out of the mainstream, but still with a prominent position in popular culture and it's representation in the media.

it's a dialectic in many ways, describing a culture and it's broad impact on music in general.

i'll post some mixsets to show what i mean, but does anyone have some input or criticism, or any tracks you think are neat and relevant?