Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2008, 07:45 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Step Brothers!
Saw this on Saturday...sooo inappropriate, but soooo hilarious!
I'm a sucker for "Stoopid" comedy, especially when Will Ferrell is involved. Haven't laughed this much in the theaters in a long time.
Depending on your sense of humor/good taste, this is either a waste of $9 or a fantastic diversion that will leave you feeling great about your own state of affairs
Old 07-28-2008, 02:36 PM
IsiliRunite
de la Michigan

Send a message via AIM to IsiliRunite
Re: Step Brothers!
Oh my God I was fried and I thought the portrayals of 14 year old boys were spot on.

My recommendation is that if you like Will Ferrell or John C. Reilly at all as individuals, you should appreciate them as a team and you enjoy this movie.

Last edited by IsiliRunite; 07-28-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

I saw it for free here at work last week. Personally, I was glad to have saved my money. It had some funny moments, and I like Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly overall, but they both really need to explore some new ideas in their comedic characters. As it is, it's getting extremely tired.

My basic feeling was that this would have been fantastic as a short film, but as a full feature length movie, it came up extremely short. The story was a mess - and don't say that story doesn't matter in movies like this because that's a cop-out. If anything, a film like this requires a very simple, clear foundation of a story that the humor can be layered over. There was a simple idea in there somewhere, but it got lost in irrelevant tangent after tangent, the main character's big swings in their arcs happened in about a minute and a half in a way where we hardly even got to see it take place, and frankly, I didn't care what happened to either of them because their characters were so superficial that they didn't matter to me. And on top of that, they were doing the same jokes that they do in every single movie they make. It used to make me laugh, but now it's just boring.

I hope they step it up in their next attempt....
Old 08-11-2008, 12:26 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

I thought a few lines here and there were funny, but overall I thought it lacked in many ways. The parts that were funny, were very funny, but other than that, I thought the film fell flat on its face.