Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:28 AM
gcoleman99
flows like a river

Send a message via Yahoo to gcoleman99
Re: Beaucoup Fish - 4 CD Remastered Deluxe Box Set (8/25/2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
I kinda wish they included "8 Ball" on this. I always felt it could have fit perfectly within the album and came out during this era. But we didn't "Oh" on the previous boxset either.
8 ball was included on the 1992-2012 release, so it was redundant.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:22 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Uw Orange Bed : lol
I loved the music, but can't stand the unpolished lyrics.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:24 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
So no Five points then, absolutely gutted!
yep. i held out the smallest hope that 5 Points would have made it under a different name. Nope.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:43 AM
BishBash
mouseman

For those downloading in 24 bit, how do you listen to it? I own a Windows 7 laptop, a 12 year old Panasonic stereo (CD, tape, tuner, aux) and an android phone. Do you need software on your PC and a good pair of computer speakers?
Old 08-25-2017, 09:12 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Okay, I've only had a chance to do a quick skim through this morning on my way to work...

I know that it sucks that "5 Points" isn't included... but the third disc seems pretty good!!

Nifter = is like an alternate "Please Help Me"

I like the slightly different drums on 'Bruce Lee' (and there's snippets of the same guitar sounds also found on "Trousers" (and maybe 'Trim'?))

Orange Bed = another take of "Shout Twice"

It's also interesting to hear the alternate version of "Jumbo" - it reminds me of the early live version

And, now I get why "the Large Unit" mix of 'Push Upstairs' isn't included, as it's very similar to the version on disc 3

...the "Garage Mix" of KOS is basically a more developed version of the "Spoken Word Mix" isn't it?

I haven't had a chance to listen all of the epic version of 'Something Like a Mama' - but wow, it's over 10 minutes!

Bruce Lee (Futureshock Remix) - I'm surprised this and the Dj Hype mixes of Bruce Lee weren't released!

...I didn't notice anything weird with the Coccoluto Mix of KOS... but the Martinez mix sounds weird

[psst... if anyone happens to have a copy of the Italian Cd... a copy would be much appreciated (I only have shitty mp3 vinyl rips)]

...and was that Dub mix of Jumbo at the end ever released commercially? I don't ever remember hearing it before...
Old 08-25-2017, 09:17 AM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
yep. i held out the smallest hope that 5 Points would have made it under a different name. Nope.
I was quietly hoping five points was going to be Yeah plan as on the aHoy Rotterdam live version Karl sings/says "Yeah" several times quietly during the opening chords. Instead Yeah plan is probably the worst UW track I've ever heard after the dobropet version of Bruce Lee that I can't even listen to as it just sounds like a noise to me!

I am so disappointed by this release, apart from yeah plan there isn't anything on the extras that isn't just a remix/early version of a track we already know: Nifter = please help me (what has happened to the Remastered version of this it sounds awful to me everything is just lost in the echo effext), UW orange bed = early Pens bit of Cups, SLA Mamma drum and Kittens start and the others are all not very different from the proper versions! Sure these extra tracks are Interesting for us hardcore fans but it's not worth the expensive price!

Last edited by Billy Goat; 08-25-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:28 AM
pandamagic
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
Bruce Lee (Futureshock Remix) - I'm surprised this and the Dj Hype mixes of Bruce Lee weren't released!
Yeah what's the story with these? The Futureshock mix is quite good - seems odd that it was commissioned and never used. The DJ Hype mixes I could do without as they just seem like very basic drum 'n' bass to me, but I guess if you're into that kind of thing it's nice to have . . .

Quote:
...I didn't notice anything weird with the Coccoluto Mix of KOS... but the Martinez mix sounds weird
In the middle of the Coccoluto mix, the beat drops out for a moment and you can really hear the vinyl noise quite clearly. Also in general both mixes just sound of poorer quality next to everything else on the reissue. It's surprising these were considered releasable when there's amazing stuff like "Relentless Legs" at their disposal.

Quote:
[psst... if anyone happens to have a copy of the Italian Cd... a copy would be much appreciated (I only have shitty mp3 vinyl rips)]
well you're in good company since apparently Underworld only have the shitty mp3 vinyl rips as well.

How hard to find is that Italian KoS cd single anyway? I would gladly part with some $ for a copy . . .

Quote:
...and was that Dub mix of Jumbo at the end ever released commercially? I don't ever remember hearing it before...
I'd never heard of it before either. Yesterday that track came on when I was in another room and I couldn't tell what it was a remix of. There didn't seem to be much, if anything, from the original track. Honestly if I didn't know it was Underworld-related I wouldn't pay much attention to it.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:55 AM
purlieu
enofa

I bet the 24 bit FLACs of those mp3 rips are rewarding.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:03 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamagic View Post

well you're in good company since apparently Underworld only have the shitty mp3 vinyl rips as well.

How hard to find is that Italian KoS cd single anyway? I would gladly part with some $ for a copy . . .
Here's at least the Discogs page for it
https://www.discogs.com/Underworld-K...release/136559

Honestly - I don't think I've ever seen it, in person - or online... although, come to think of it... I vaguely remember someone on here unloading their collection, and I think they had it, but it got snapped up very quickly (or... that might've been the 12" - which isn't quite as rare)

Last edited by joethelion; 08-25-2017 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:25 AM
khouri
khondo dweller

These reissues and the reactions to them have raised an interesting question. Is what listeners like about Underworld the same as what Underworld likes about Underworld?