Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:01 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Underworld/Tomato 25th Anniversary Exhibition at Parco Art Museum - Shibuya Tokyo
Starts tomorrow, Mar. 12.

Underworld performing live. There's a new Karl Hyde art installation piece, "Tokyo Street Poem", and Rick Smith audio installation.

Old 03-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Re: Underworld/Tomato 25th Anniversary Exhibition at Parco Art Museum - Shibuya Tokyo
I'm hoping there will be some type of release for this like the Bungalow With Stairs. There are some really good pictures being posted to their instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/underworld/
Old 03-11-2016, 03:56 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Re: Underworld/Tomato 25th Anniversary Exhibition at Parco Art Museum - Shibuya Tokyo
I desperately wish Underworld/Tomato would release prints or posters of a lot of the work in this show, particularly the Underworld sleeve art. I'd spend a fortune to have a lot of those in archival quality, framed on my walls for the rest of my life.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:31 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Is this being streamed anywhere? (love love love the sleeve art.)
Old 03-12-2016, 10:52 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
Is this being streamed anywhere? (love love love the sleeve art.)
It's already over. This was not streamed. It was, however, broadcast on local radio in Shibuya. Hopefully, someone recorded it.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:18 PM
txjaxx
mouseman

They did two shows. One was on a rooftop and was a silent disco type show where everybody is wearing headphones. There are several videos on IG which are really funny, because you can hear Karl's vocals, and some audience members signing along, but no music or anything.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:08 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Yeah, I'm thinking that there was some noise ordinance or something, so there was no PA. Instead the sound was piped to everyone's wireless headphones. Also broadcast on FM locally. And it was also streamed in 360 VR to the 6th floor of Parco to 50-100 people wearing Samsung Gear VR headsets and headphones.

Here's the setlist:

01. I Exhale
02. If Rah
03. Darktrain
04. Two Months Off
05. Low Burn
06. Jumbo
07. Push Upstairs
08. Ova Nova
09. Nylon Strung
10. Rez / Cowgirl
11. Nuxx
Old 03-15-2016, 12:33 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

pretty much the same as the UK show
Old 03-21-2016, 08:09 PM
buzzelvis
river

There are many items available as part of the exhibit. Will these be available on line? Is there a connection for an exhibit catalog?

http://www.parco-art.com/web/museum/...ion.php?id=895
Old 03-22-2016, 11:43 AM
Mike
born013

There is a load of great stuff that I would love to get my hands on.

John Warwicker book?

Ive tried to work out the typeface they are using for this exhibition. Parco actually use the same typeface, and I found a page on a project from 1981 to turn the logo "3D" by Takenobu Igarashi.

I haven't found it yet, but any help would be great. It is a fantastic type, I particularly like the use of it as part of the Underworld branding: