Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 04-22-2016, 03:36 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: 2016-04-20 Terminal 5 - New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthportal View Post
Show was amazing, I thought they sounded incredible and the performance was really spot-on.
Ring Road - this didn't work that well for me personally, I don't totally understand the inclusion of it in their set. I like the melody of the OWB "Ring Road" much more, and to me, replacing this with something from Barking would have been way better. But I'm nitpicking
The best thing about this tour is the total lack of Barking-era material. Its not an album I have yet warmed to. And Scribble is just awful. Which is what they would have played. This tour doesnt have that vibe.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:54 PM
industri_studios
mouseman

As much as I love Jumbo - I would have swapped it for either Scribble or Always Loved A Film (which, as noted elsewhere, is in my top 10)...

For me, having not seen them since 2009 (their last time in Toronto) - I missed out on anything played from post-09 records. So the new stuff was great, and I would have liked something from Barking as I never got to see any of it live.

All of this aside - this was an amazing show, and I really can't complain... wish I could have seen one of the dubno shows or something, but the chance to catch this on a work trip - pretty amazing all 'round.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:43 AM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
interested as well. Karl was very animated during the show. Danced his face off.
The interview he did on KCRW Radio show discussed it.

I never remember him going off stage, until this show.

Last edited by testudo; 04-27-2016 at 11:56 AM. Reason: bad writing
Old 04-27-2016, 05:39 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by testudo View Post
I never remember him going off stage, until this show.
It's been done before. During the 2007 OwB tour, there was specifically always a middle sequence when the inflatables would come out for Two Months Off. That would always be followed by an instrumental, such as Spikee, Mo Move, or Rowla, during which Karl would leave the stage and only Rick and Darren would be there performing.