Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:26 AM
Milking Your Plastic
Milking Your Plastic

I want UW to release a videography on DVD
I know that the Olympics this year is their top priority but for the future I would like to see a dvd of all their music videos, if that's not possible then just a collection of their more well known songs. I personally would have preferred this over the 1992-2012 anthology and A Collection compilations.
Some would be quick to point out that everything is already available on youtube, so this would be pointless. Yeah, that's true, but how good is the sound and video quality? pretty crap if you ask me. So an official product from the group with everything in good video and sound quality would be greatly welcomed, well from me at least.
Underworld have done tons of music videos to easily fill up the space of a dvd, they could probably fill two. Though almost all the videos before Born Slippy .NUXX were just tomato art visuals, which some might not find very interesting. I on the otherhand love the early videos, like Spoonman, Dark & Long, Dirty Epic just to name a few. I just watched Spikee on youtube not long ago and I felt pretty spaced out after the video had finished. Really great stuff. Underworld did release a video collection on VHS in the 90's titled "Videos 93-97 Footwear repairs by craftsmen at competitive prices" so it's strange they haven't upgraded that release to dvd and add on the stuff they've done since. Maybe poor sales are the reason. They also released a few videos on a 3rd disc of the 1992-2002 as a limited edition. Basically the point of this post is for all Underworld fans who think this is a good idea to express their interest. The band will only release something like this if they know there is enough demand for it.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:26 AM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

Re: I want UW to release a videography on DVD
if you haven't checked out footwear repairs, you should. it's a continuous 80 minute long music video, not just the individual videos. i believe a lot of it is a different mix created solely for the video. it's absolutely a beautiful experience and even better combined with chemical amusement.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 PM
dubnobasswithme
koob!

Karl has said in the past that the reason you haven't seen Footwear Repairs come out on any other format than VHS is because TVT still owns the rights to it. TVT was apparently sold to another company in 2008 and i doubt that re-releasing the material on DVD/BluRay is high on the list of things to do

That said, all the stuff post-1998 should still be owned by someone who is _not_ TVT and therefore perhaps there is a chance for some of it coming out on not-VHS and not-YouTube.

uw0006
Old 05-09-2012, 04:49 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

I'd love to have a collection of the videos, especially the later ones in HD on Blu-ray.

What I'd really like though, is a release of the Tomato videos that Underworld has done music for. They exhibited about 110 minutes of these at the Oblivion Ball, and I saw some amazing stuff there. Things like Van Halen Van Halen, and M25, and several others that I didn't even know existed.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Milking Your Plastic
Milking Your Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubnobasswithme View Post
Karl has said in the past that the reason you haven't seen Footwear Repairs come out on any other format than VHS is because TVT still owns the rights to it. TVT was apparently sold to another company in 2008 and i doubt that re-releasing the material on DVD/BluRay is high on the list of things to do

That said, all the stuff post-1998 should still be owned by someone who is _not_ TVT and therefore perhaps there is a chance for some of it coming out on not-VHS and not-YouTube.
Very interesting dubnobasswithme. I did not know this. It certaintly gives this topic some perspective. For me it has to be a complete retrospective and not restricted to a specific time period i.e post 1998. I already known the Barking deluxe edition and The Bells The Bells DVD which had some of the OWB music videos. So I don't want to pay for the same thing twice just for a few extras I don't have.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:25 AM
negative1

here's a breakdown of the footwear repairs video,
which tracks, and times for them:
-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.borndirty.org/forums/show...7&postcount=78

later
Old 05-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Dino3D
pants

Yes, I absolutely want a DVD with all the videos!!
Old 05-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Milking Your Plastic
Milking Your Plastic

Thanks negative 1 for that info. However I was already well aware of the contents of Footwear repairs, but thanks for reinterating it for others. This release obviously won't suffice, as VHS is outdated, and an inferior product to a DVD in every aspect. Which means I am not going to hunt that one down. A number of Underworld comtempories: The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers,Fatboy Slim and even Leftfield amongst many others have released videography's, so UW should follow suit. It's a shame they can't get the rights from TVT.

P.S TheBang. There's an interesting thought. Wow! I am not familar with any of those tracks. But I really think they should start off with the basic essential stuff that everyone is familar with i.e Born Slippy .NUXX, Moaner, Cowgirl etc etc you know what I mean. And then if they want they can put out the more rarer stuff.
And as I said above the footwear repair is omitable as a release because not many people nowadays have or are interested in VHS's anymore.

Last edited by Milking Your Plastic; 05-13-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:54 AM
bas_I_am
vision

I heard yannik has it for sale