Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > craft.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2010, 03:59 AM
purlieu
enofa

Re: Dirty Compilation 2010: Quietly Violent
How's this coming along? I want to hear it!

/impatient
Old 09-29-2010, 12:19 AM
Camiel
Audio in Distress

Dave, I'll send you a new mix of 'Quietly violent'. I've balanced the beat more and put some more compression on the 808. Do you want the endmix or should I send you the mastered version?
Old 10-09-2010, 01:06 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
BUMP!

How's everyone's tracks developing? Still shooting for an end-of-month turn-in date?

I've got some probolems with mine - i have 6 versions, all of which have their pro's and con's...getting external opinions, but i think a 7th version is in order...

Good luck, keep at it, and let's hope "Quietly Violent" is a success!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Hey everyone, keep sending in the tracks... got a collection building up nicely now but the more contributors the merrier!!

Bandcamp have taken a shit all over my plans to host the whole collection there.. they have limited free downloads significantly and i have a feeling that eventually we would have to charge people to pay!! So I will work on seeing if we can integrate the catalogue into the "Projects" section of borndirty.org over the next few months.

Eitherway the new collection will be hosted by a few of us i am sure as per usual and will be downloadable in many places
Old 10-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

I just came across this thread. Can't believe it's already that time of year again!

I'm going to try to get something together by the deadline, but I'm not sure I'll make it. Dealing with physical therapy after my spinal surgery a little over a month ago, and in the middle of what could end up being a move across the country, so it's been a little tough to find time for music.

And thanks to all who are contributing their time and efforts to pulling it all together! The new Dirty Grooves Records site looks great!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
The new Dirty Grooves Records site looks great!
We may have to ditch that for the moment because there is new rules on the bandcamp site.. they have limited Free downloads.. so we would have to charge people to download it eventually which would simply not be an option
Old 10-15-2010, 04:59 PM
holden
collateral damage

Ok, still trying to decide between 7 mixes of my track... going to Spain and Holland for some dance inspiration. I might be a day or two late on our self-imposed, flexible deadline!

As for hosting the tracks, i can upload this year's comp. as well as previous years (if all are willing - though they were freely released then, it should be fine now) via Archive.org. That's what i use for my netlabel output, it's free, no download limit, creative commons license applied.

Will get back to you in a few. Keep tracking!
Holden
Old 10-23-2010, 08:37 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

My band have finished two tracks called Desperated and Late at Night, so I will send it today Its nice to be Quietly Violent
Old 11-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

Ok so the due date has passed but because of the remix competition i expect some peeps are a little behind. We will give it another half a month... so lets say 15th of November is the closing date...absolute final submissions allowed!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:16 PM
holden
collateral damage

Will have my final version in by the 15th, hopefully along with some art and/or writing.
In the meantime, if anyone has any words of advice as to what "flavor" my track (called "Scary Tale") should take, here are 8 versions:

http://www.archive.org/details/Advan...ologyScaryTale

At the moment, i'm leaning towards submitting the "Worried mix", though i kind of like the simplicity of "BAcoustic mix". The "Wax and Wane mix" is closest in spirit to the original, but is a tad overproduced.
Any advice? Maybe i should try a ninth version...