Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2019, 05:08 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Yet another version of Dune. On the album version, there are 3 sections, at 8:13-8:26, 9:08-9:22, and 10:03-10:17, where Rick has put a new, interrupted drum pattern to break up the flow, compared to the EP version.

Custard Speedtalk and Poet Cat appear identical to the EP versions.

This Must Be Drum Street, lots of changes. Loses its 8-count kick drum intro. New guitar drone starting at 0:44. Starting at 3:24, Karl becomes a less pushy salesman, as every other instance of "Do you want to buy my car?" is dropped. A new coda begins at 5:43.

Pinetum appears to be identical up to the point the original fades out and the new one continues with an extended outro for another minute and a half to a proper ending. That is, the one included with Episode 3 appears to be a fade-out edit of the full track included in Series 1.

I'm not sure what Do Breakers Trip is, but I think I hate it even more than I hate Molehill. I can't imagine intentionally wanting to listen to this again.

Seven Music Drone, what a great groove. I bet it would have been highly lauded if it'd been released as one of the weekly tracks. I'm sure it will also get many comparisons to Twenty Three Blue.

Last edited by TheBang; 11-27-2019 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Dune changes