Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:34 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Re: Grammy Nomination for Barbara Barbara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
hey if it give them a bit more exposure for a tour in america, all for it.

I was checking the listing of winner since the dance categories was added its a bit of a joke but well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy...ectronic_Album

of the 12 awards given so far, Skrillex has 3 and the Chems have 2. Other known names include Madonna and Lady Gaga.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:04 AM
BishBash
mouseman

Well the one thing I agree with y'all about is the hope that R&K win. If only for the publicity/success it may garner. Anything to encourage them to keep on keepin on.
However

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Seem to recall a few of the crappier Chen Bros albums getting nods.
Including a nomination for "Further" in 2011 which is probably the most entertaining dance/electronic album of the 21st century for me. Your overall point about hype may be true though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite View Post
well to be fair the JMJ album is pretty good, as is Electronica 2 (its follow up - featuring a lot of Electronic music artist collaborations),
You may be right, but I was so put off by this slaughtering of Primal Scream's Come Together that I didn't bother with the rest. Is it all like this?

Last edited by BishBash; 12-12-2016 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:18 AM
purlieu
enofa

I thought both parts of Electronica were really quite poor. I've generally heard pretty negative things about them to be honest.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:35 PM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

would love to see UW take it though I'd wager big on Jarre winning - he's huge legacy artist who has sold a zillion albums and holds records for concert attendance, and the album collaborates with a ton of legends, even if it's a bit shit it's not like that's stopped them in the past. not sure about this but I believe it's Jarre's first Grammy nod which is obviously gonna hold some weight with these guys

(if not for Jarre, I'd say UW had a great shot at it)
Old 02-12-2017, 12:50 PM
BishBash
mouseman

So this is tonight. The live feed on the http://live.grammy.com/ website is already working for me in London, UK. So I presume people outside of America can watch this in most places.

I believe the main ceremony doesn't get going 'til about 4am UK time, but the Electronic /Dance category (amongst others) is covered in a sort of "pre-ceremony" in the building next door. I seem to recall watching online last year as The Chemical Brothers were nominated in both the single and album category as was Jamie xx in the album category (neither won).

In fact as I type this, the pre-ceremony bit is starting now - 1st category is being read out. I think Underworld's category will be before bedtime (unless you go to bed really early).
Old 02-12-2017, 02:11 PM
BishBash
mouseman

Ok, Flume won. I'm guessing they knew in advance which is why R&K weren't bigging it up on Social Media.