Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 06:08 PM
luminary
mouseman

Re: Are Underworld playing <insert city/fest> here this year? Please read before asking!
Are they playing in Australia?

They are in Japan in Nov and i am tempted to go over there, but they need to come back to Oz and hang out again. End the year is perfect to escape the Northern winter ... and they can catch up with John in 3D instead of down the wire

http://www.okkana.com
Old 09-14-2007, 08:04 AM
TomTom
mouseman

Re: Are Underworld playing <insert city/fest> here this year? Please read before asking!
weeeee I got my ticket for the November Cocoon gig today. Weekend starts great. I already feared I wouldn't get a ticket anymore because I read that the gig is sold out but 3 days ago I got an info mail from Cocoon saying that extra tickets are now available and was able to purchase 6 for my mates and myself. I look soooooo forward to it. I also managed to get the friday off so this will be a memorable evening.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8397/bild005qy3.jpg

Last edited by TomTom; 09-14-2007 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:02 AM
gormster
river

Re: Are Underworld playing <insert city/fest> here this year? Please read before aski
Quote:
Originally Posted by luminary
Are they playing in Australia?

They are in Japan in Nov and i am tempted to go over there, but they need to come back to Oz and hang out again. End the year is perfect to escape the Northern winter ... and they can catch up with John in 3D instead of down the wire
God, I hope so. You know, I get the feeling people sometimes write off Australia for shows because the population is so small and it's pretty far from everywhere, so getting the show there is expensive, and there's some doubt as to whether it'll make money. But there is a very important fact to be considered: Australians will pay any amount of money to see an international band.

Example? Coldplay sold out three concerts in Sydney (and other cities, but we'll focus on Sydney), each of which had 12,000 people paying $120 for their ticket (actually the seats at the very back were $87, so, conservative estimate, $100 per person.) Don't bother trying to do the math in your head because I'm going to tell you now - that's 3.6 MILLION DOLLARS. In THREE NIGHTS.

I honestly don't get how you could put on a show that cost more than that without making a new one from scratch. And I'm not counting the equivalent dough from the other capitals.

END RANT
Old 10-07-2007, 04:20 AM
sanakan
junkie-criminal-fugitive

Re: Are Underworld playing <insert city/fest> here this year? Please read before aski
Quote:
Originally Posted by gormster
I honestly don't get how you could put on a show that cost more than that without making a new one from scratch.
here's a hint to get you started: do you know
- how much a 3-day the rent (probably 4, to allow for installation) is for a venue that holds 12'000 people?
- how much security/ambulance/helpers cost are for said venue?
- how much it costs to haul a live show (read: PA, lights, music equipment, and not to forget the crew) across the planet? in your case: flights from england to australia?

think about stuff like that, and you'll have to deduct quite some dollars from your 3.6 mio.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:29 PM
chino
snob

are underworld playing the most corrupt country all over the world this year?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Mort
UW0592

Send a message via MSN to Mort
For Aussie dirts .

Just for info if UW get on the BDO second announcement tickets are onsale today. The sales via www.bigdayout.com have sold out but more are available via http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/promo/pr5l45 at 9am.

There will also 10000 available in the ballot system via the bigdayout site as they did last year.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:47 PM
cheshkat
smiling pussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort
For Aussie dirts .

Just for info if UW get on the BDO second announcement tickets are onsale today. The sales via www.bigdayout.com have sold out but more are available via http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/promo/pr5l45 at 9am.

There will also 10000 available in the ballot system via the bigdayout site as they did last year.
That's for sydney BDO, Melbourne goes onsale on Friday...
Old 10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Mort
UW0592

Send a message via MSN to Mort
Sydney (Bigdayout website )sold out by 830am and ticketmaster by 930am..
Bugger , lucky I got up at 5am and grabbed mine.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:21 PM
cheshkat
smiling pussy

Melbourne BDO has also sold out, same deal with online ballot tickets from next Thurs
http://www.bigdayout.com/news/pressreleases.php

I got my ticket
Old 10-24-2007, 10:00 PM
TomTom
mouseman

[COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.myspace.com//underworld[/COLOR]

What a bummer...European gigs have been cancelled due to illness which of course also affects the show in Frankfurt I have my tickets for already. This is so sad because I looked forward to it a lot. Hope he feels better soon and they announce another date soon.