TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Sunshine soundtrack is released!
That is a nicely informed review.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: Sunshine soundtrack is released!
Very nice indeed good research especially with the Jelly Blue reference as it was only webcast info that came from me thinks.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:11 PM
ghost of 82
river

Sunshine OST
Apologies for what may be the oldest and most boring question on the forum- but does anybody have any idea if/when we might see a release for the SUNSHINE OST? It's been so long since the release of the film that I'm beginning to fear we might never see it. I think that would be a great pity. I watch the film quite often -it's endlessly watchable, and unfairly mailigned in my view- and whenever I hear the music in the film it really bugs me that I can't get it on CD. It's like BLADE RUNNER all over again.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: Sunshine OST
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost of 82 View Post
Apologies for what may be the oldest and most boring question on the forum- but does anybody have any idea if/when we might see a release for the SUNSHINE OST? It's been so long since the release of the film that I'm beginning to fear we might never see it. I think that would be a great pity. I watch the film quite often -it's endlessly watchable, and unfairly mailigned in my view- and whenever I hear the music in the film it really bugs me that I can't get it on CD. It's like BLADE RUNNER all over again.
It is on iTunes..........Simply search for Sunshine OST....
Old 01-21-2009, 04:33 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Or search for "Sunshine Underworld"

More info here:
http://www.darktrain.org/dirty/forum...ead.php?t=9567

You may want to hold off on purchasing it right now though. iTunes is in the processing of converting everything in the store to DRM-free iTunes Plus format (which also has twice the bitrate of the DRM versions), however, Sunshine has not yet been converted. If you buy the DRM version for $9.99 right now, you'll have to pay $3.00 for the privilege of updating your DRM version to the DRM-free version when that is released. If you wait, you'll only have to pay $9.99 for the DRM-free version once it's released. All the DRM-free conversions are expected to be completed by the end of March, but Sunshine could be converted anytime between now and then.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Sappys Curry
mouseman

What is the benefit of DRM-free?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:34 PM
dol
river

You could just buy it now and bun it to CD then rip it again to get rid of the DRM.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:54 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappys Curry View Post
What is the benefit of DRM-free?
If it's DRM-free, then that's means it's not encrypted, so you can do anything with it you want. You can listen to it on any device, you can copy it to any computer, and if you get a new computer, you won't need to reauthorize it with iTunes, and if iTunes ever closes down, you will still be able to use the music.

See news stories from the last year for when Yahoo Music, MSN Music, and Wal-Mart all shut down their DRM music services, leaving their users with worthless files.

Also, at iTunes, the DRM files are 128 Kbps, and the iTunes Plus DRM-free files are 256 Kbps, so it's twice the bitrate for higher audio quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dol View Post
You could just buy it now and bun it to CD then rip it again to get rid of the DRM.
Yes, however, there's still the quality difference in the source material at iTunes (128 vs 256). And if you rip it in the manner you're describing, then to retain the original quality, you either have to keep it in a large lossless audio format, or re-encode to a lossy format and lose quality.

Last edited by TheBang; 01-23-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Merging thread