Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Leon
bungalow

Recent purchases, downloads, etc.
Thought I'd ressurect this thread as I have made some interesting purchases lately.

As I'm pretty much into IDM-ish music lately, here's what I got:

Secret Frequency Crew - Forest Of The Echo Downs (discogs link)

Some nice beats going on, clean production and enough interesting melodies and soundscapes to make this above average.

Sensiva - Giosun (discogs link)

I'd say this is quite Boards Of Canada inspired, but it's really interesting. I have yet to figure out the melodies, as it's quite abstract and there's more of an overall "vibe" or "feel" to it. Good for background.

Datassette - Datassette (discogs link)

I haven't found information on this release anywhere, other than that you can buy it from Beatport.com. I got to know about Datassette via Dirtyradio, who played the beautiful "Elephant" from the sampler CD "Quality Electronic Music" by Ai Records. Then I found some mp3's available for free, which you can download here and here. Especially "Computers" is a fun track. Datassette's style is between electro and IDM, don't know how else I would describe it.

Anyway, that's about it.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:12 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Re: Recent purchases, downloads, etc.
I got Robert Babicz - A Cheerful Temper which is pretty good. He's definitely got his own kind of sound which I dig.

Then I got the Urban Dance Squad singles collection which I haven't really had a chance to listen to yet, but it's a nice piece of dutch music history. I saw the Deeper Shade of Soul video in some retro-programme on a dutch music channel recently and really liked it, and realised I had never really heard much of their stuff.

I've also got the Trentemoller Chronicles coming in the mail... can't wait for that to arrive
Old 04-08-2008, 09:58 AM
m.g.
teh n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Snake View Post
I've also got the Trentemoller Chronicles coming in the mail... can't wait for that to arrive
The Trentemøller Chronicles is absolutely brilliant

I recently bought "The Dream" by The Orb & just found the old Wighnomy Bros. / Robag Wruhme "Remikks Potpourri" (just to be able to wait for their new mix cd supposedly out this week...)
Old 04-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

i've been on a noise-ness kick lately.

fuck buttons - street horrsing, excellent record. Right from the beautiful opening "Sweet Love for Planet Earth." Wonderful to work to

excepter - debt dept, their new album. Haven't heard much from them since KA which is spotty but amazing when it comes together. This one is definitely a stronger release. also excellent

- Mark Twain

Old 04-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Shitmat & DJ Scotch Egg - Rave Like A Headless Chicken 12" - Lots of crazy random gabba/mashcore/chiptune antics on 12 inches of wax.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:14 PM
darktrain