Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Mike
born013

2010 Setlist + 2011 Next Tour Songs
There is a list of known live performances, in order of 'number of times played' http://uwlive.rowla.com/songs/listSongs/count

Of course, this is just the *known* performances, but the indications are that this tour has made some changes in the top 10 (vs last year)..

TMO has moved up above Pearl's Girl, and Jumbo has lost quite a few places (it hasn't been played since Abu Dhabi 2009.

Current top 10 most played live songs:

#1 Born Slippy NUXX (213)
#2 Cowgirl (193)
#3 King of Snake (181)
#4 Rez (178)
#5 Two Months Off (145)
#6 Pearls Girl (132)
#7 Moaner (128)
#8 Dark Train / Nu Train (124)
#9 Jumbo (123)
#10 Push Upstairs (97)

Other intersting observations:

Despite not being heard for a while, Rowla is holding strong at #11, the only song likely to overtake would be Between Stars (which is sitting at 45 plays, it was played nearly 20 times even before the album came out).

With Karl recently talking about the lack of 'Live-able' tracks, some of the OWB era songs will start to loose their placing.. With 54 plays in 4 years, Crocodile hasn't been heard since June 2009, and will probably not be played for a very long time (if at all)..

The gap between YDS and Scribble is closing rapidly, and some of the Dubno tracks that had a big revival 2007 - 2009 are also starting to drop down again (Spoonman, Spikee, Skyscraper)...

There was a thread here about what we wanted dropped from the setlist this year (and my wishes were met)...

So, keeping in mind the boys will mainly be playing festival shows next year, what other 'upbeat' songs would you wanted added that would fit nicely into the setlist for 2011?

My 5 suggestions:

Kittens
DA3D
Spikee / Leave Home
Confusion The Waitress
Deep Arch

Plus, some others they could use as an intro (in the same way as Ansum and Simple Peal in the past...)

Most 'Ospitable
Puppies
Hamburg Hotel (they have already played this live)
Loads of Birds
To Heal

Etc...

Great opportunity to build up some atmosphere before they start

Last edited by Mike; 11-28-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:46 PM
mel
river

Re: 2010 Setlist / 2011 (?)
Holdin the moth!
Old 11-29-2010, 09:28 AM
lowbit
future pundit

Re: 2010 Setlist / 2011 (?)
Reminds me why I enjoy Ancienne Belgique (Jan 31 2008) so much: Mamgu, Banstyle, Cherry Pie, Juanita, Spoonman, Back in the Fears, and a little bit of Skyscraper, all in one show!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:39 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Next tour songs
Assuming there's a new Underworld album to tour in the future, what tracks from the more recent releases do you think might make the cut?

Reason i ask is because the "Barking" tour had such a rigid/unchanging setlist, heavy on new tracks along with a few regular hits:

Barking tracks played on last tour: Bird 1, Always Loved a Film, Scribble, Between Stars, Diamond Jigsaw, (Downpipe - provisionally a Barking track, or at least a collab in the same vein)
Other tracks played: TMO, Rez/Cowgirl, KoS, BS.Nuxx, Dirty Epic, Moaner

i may be forgetting a track or two swapped out at some point.

I guess this is how it always goes with bands- they promote the new stuff and distill the back catalog down to just the biggest crowd pleasers. No worries. But it makes me wonder, on the next tour, what will we hear from "Barking"? "Scribble" and "ALAF", i 'd guess. Will the "Diamond Jigsaw" single keep this one on the list, a la "Jumbo" (not a hit, but a crowd pleaser and UW's go-to encore for much of 2007-08)?

Will we ever hear the likes of "Moon In Water". or "Grace" live? Are "DA3D", "Momove", "Twist" and "Luetin" forever gone from the setlist? Even singles like "Push Upstairs" and long live favorites "Dark Train", "Rowla" and "Mmm Skyscraper" are in danger of deletion.

This thread will probably turn into "my ideal setlist", but i'm just realistically wondering what tracks from the last few records will make the cut of classics to intersperse with whatever new tracks are being promoted...
Old 05-27-2011, 07:58 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Re: Next tour songs
3hr ambient / epic showcase or gtfo, imo
Old 05-27-2011, 11:18 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Karl mentioned something on uwlive diaries about lyrics going forward (at least in reference to any new tracks):

Words to avoid in the next harvest’: Sweet, Dark, Train, Cafe, Home, Alone...go easy on the Coffee & the Waitress...

Old 05-28-2011, 12:28 AM
bryantm3
It's Written In The Book!

"grace" is my favourite song off of barking, but because of the type of song it is, i can't see a live version coming, or at least a good one. that bass solo is the most moving part of the song, and since karl doesn't often play guitar on stage it would just be the recorded version.

i have a request— i really love the guys live, and i like the way it's set up now, except for one thing. some of the dramatic instrumental parts that aren't repetitive, like the keyboard solo in 'cups', the bass solo in 'grace', the crazy guitar/keyboard duet at the end of 'sappys curry', the guitar solo in 'diamond jigsaw'... it's very disappointing to just see it come out of the computer pre-recorded as it was on the album. i can see why they use the setup they have for the more repetitive keyboard and guitar bits, but i wish they would play some of those using keyboards and guitar during the show— not the full live band setup, but just some of those moments. i would love to hear those bits as alive as the day they were recorded, as evolving and being played that second. i know they've done this a *little* with diamond jigsaw, but i really wish this would be a lot more common at the shows. just have DP take over the soundboard and setup and let rick walk over and play the keyboard for 30 seconds.... please??

just picture it. the end of sappys curry, rick and karl start playing guitar and keyboard together while DP runs the board.... that would be magical.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Mike
born013

Re: 2010 Setlist + 2011 Next Tour Songs
Just merged these threads as they are the same topic
Old 05-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Dirty Canuck
American Style..Haunts Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
3hr ambient / epic showcase or gtfo, imo
Would love an intimate concert hall venue where all the more chill fan faves are played.

8 Ball, Peach Tree, Moon in Water, To Heal would be the tracks I'd want to hear the most.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: 2010 Setlist + 2011 Next Tour Songs
How about more intermixing? Things like Scribble in to Pearls Girl or even mixed in from Banstyle as they all have D&B elements. A Rowla/Cherry Pie jam always sounds awesome.