Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:30 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Beaucoup Fish - 4 CD Remastered Deluxe Box Set (8/25/2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
It was the Temptation 2 gig at Alexandra Palace NYE 1999. It's on the tracker (it was when I last looked). I would've preferred that be the extra live disc on the BF remaster than Blue Mountain gig as I think it's one of their best live shows of that era and it has Ramajama with Moaner lyrics followed by possibly the best ever live version of Dark Train and Rez (great bleepy Rez start).
huh, i have that one. havent listened to it in 15 years tho. time to give it a go!
Old 08-15-2017, 10:43 AM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
huh, i have that one. havent listened to it in 15 years tho. time to give it a go!
To be honest I mostly listen to the good quality live bootlegs and OWB tour and rarely listen to the studio albums these days. For me their raw live sound is better than the perfectly produced studio recordings and some of the bits they only play in the live versions are my favourite (ie the siren in nuxx, the other bit of Push and the slowed down Rez intro) and I wish they had included studio quality versions of these on the Remastered albums but unfortunately not!

Definitely dig out the Ally Pally gig, I've had it on today and from Ramajama on is just awesome and is UW at their best, it's my favourite Underworld gig/music ever (alongside Glasgow 1994, where it all started for me! ).
Old 08-16-2017, 06:20 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
To be honest I mostly listen to the good quality live bootlegs and OWB tour and rarely listen to the studio albums these days.
Same. But i have so many boots that some get lost in the mix. Ale Palace never made it into my new iTunes and thus was just forgotten about.

i love that snake-charmer sounds mixed in with Ramajama. Its one of my favorite all-time live moments: KOS intro from I Love Techno.

Last edited by potatobroth; 08-16-2017 at 06:24 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:19 PM
aphasein
ping!

Send a message via AIM to aphasein
The Ally Pally sounds like a truly amazing gig, all this talk really got me excited for it. Hadn't been on the tracker since this time last year, so I jumped on over to it and...

Nothing. Not seeing it anywhere (am grabbing the Mayan gig though, which I can't believe I've missed all these years as well).

Does anyone have it readily available for there or know if it's labeled unusually? I'm guessing many others will also be interested with all the Ramajama hype going on, so any help would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks for being an amazing community - I forget to check in on the happenings until things get stirred up around releases.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:42 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphasein View Post
The Ally Pally sounds like a truly amazing gig, all this talk really got me excited for it. Hadn't been on the tracker since this time last year, so I jumped on over to it and...

Nothing. Not seeing it anywhere (am grabbing the Mayan gig though, which I can't believe I've missed all these years as well).

Does anyone have it readily available for there or know if it's labeled unusually? I'm guessing many others will also be interested with all the Ramajama hype going on, so any help would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks for being an amazing community - I forget to check in on the happenings until things get stirred up around releases.

It appears that a default setting changed. In the middle of the page above the list of torrents you need to change Show all of: "Active" to "include dead" torrents. The number of torrents listed went from 54 to 226 when I did that. Our community is small and many of the torrents may be unseeded at any given time. I intend to get my seedbox up and running again soon, but we'll see how life goes. link to torrent: https://tracker.rtsr.org/torrents-details.php?id=40

Last edited by jetpig; 08-16-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:25 PM
aphasein
ping!

Send a message via AIM to aphasein
Awesome. That makes more sense - knew I was missing something, didn't know about that detail.

Request for re-seed has been sent. Hoping it will get some attention, probably others looking for it now as well.

Thanks for getting me on the rails, and to everyone who called attention to that gig. Can't wait to hear it!

Back to the original topic, though - really can't wait to hear the rest of the Beaucoup Fish outtakes beyond Ramajama.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:53 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

I did not wake up today expecting to hear Ramajama,
I remember chasing down every obscure version of king of snake hoping it was this.

aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
Old 08-19-2017, 11:09 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Listening again to Ramajama and the live versions of it at the time, I'm guessing that the familiar section did indeed begin life as a version of King of Snake and was later integrated into what became Ramajama. When you listen to the demo, they're very much two different things stuck together, which we know is something Rick tries from time to time. When you listen to other versions (like the Moaner track mentioned above, Blue Mountain, the Mayan show in LA in 1998, Rick's King of Snake remix, etc) it shares many more elements with KOS than anything else.

So I was jumping the gun calling Ramajama the lost classic, it's more like a lost curiosity.I think the Blue Mountain recording of this is the closest we're going to get to a studio version of what we think of as the original KOS, a truly banging piece of music.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:21 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
It was the Temptation 2 gig at Alexandra Palace NYE 1999. It's on the tracker (it was when I last looked). I would've preferred that be the extra live disc on the BF remaster than Blue Mountain gig as I think it's one of their best live shows of that era and it has Ramajama with Moaner lyrics followed by possibly the best ever live version of Dark Train and Rez (great bleepy Rez start).
yeah i was there too, that GIG was off the chart, that was my fav live version of any UW track...

also New ORDER! with Bez

Sasha

it was a nice way to see in NYE
Old 08-21-2017, 03:16 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite View Post
yeah i was there too, that GIG was off the chart, that was my fav live version of any UW track...

also New ORDER! with Bez

Sasha

it was a nice way to see in NYE
I'm very jealous although I was at the Temptation 1 gig in Manchester a couple of nights before the Ali Pali gig and that was pretty awesome too! I remember New Order messing up their opening track a couple of times! I wish there was an as good quality recording of the Manchester night as the Ali Pali one!

One thing I can't work out though is that both these gigs were before any of the Beaucoup Fish releases but I seem to remember having already heard King Of Snake and I think Push Upstairs and Bruce Lee somehow (I remember being disappointed as I didn't like BL). I think they might have played previews on the evening session on Radio 1 in late 1998, can anyone else remember this? or am I making it up? Maybe I just thought I'd not heard those ones before so they must be new?